“good hotel but very dissapointed in one area.”

Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck
Ranked #39 of 318 Hotels in Hamburg
“good hotel but very dissapointed in one area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed in this hotel again, I have stayed here on and off for over six weeks so far and am planning to stay for six more in the up coming months.

Very good hotel rooms are great and the staff are very professional especially the bar staff. The gym in ok not much equipment there but there is enough for you to work up a sweat when needed. I would recommend this hotel and it's only five min walk from the tube station.

Not for the part that I am very disappointed about.

They have a loyalty scheme which I have joined that is worked out on how much you spend there when you stay and the previous four weeks that I stayed there I had to pay for the stay myself and claim the cost back from my company. Then my company decided to change policy and have the hotel directly Bill them instead. So the hotel would not allow me to claim the loyalty points on my card even thought I booked in using my Lindner nights card. I was hoping to accumulate enough points during my 7 week stay to take my wife back to the hotel during the Christmas markets. My argument was that it was me that decided to use that hotel not my company so I should get the points.

Just make sure that you pay for the room if your going g and hoping to get the points.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Lindner-Hagenbeck, Manager at Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your review. I am happy that we were able to find a solution in this case. If you have any other inquiries please don´t hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Fabian Engels&Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Spent 3 nights here in a comfortable room with an animal/zoo/safari type theme. Really good food with all you could want for breakfast. Comfy rooms.
Very handy for visiting the zoo and next door to the aquarium.
It has a gym but not a lot of equipment if its your thing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Lindner-Hagenbeck, Manager at Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your very positive feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your last stay at the Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck.
Vihti Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Stayed one night for business. Located well near the airport and with it´s own garage.
The hotel´s interior concept is based on a zoo/african theme which works very well. There are little little things around the decor which suggest that the hotel is managed with great attention to detail. The cleanliness and services are impeccable throughout. The only downside of this near to perfect establishment is the overpriced and sluggish Wi-fi. One could think this is a nominal thing to raise the hotel services to perfection ? Wifi is a free service in most places these days. I could in any case return to this hotel anytime as the price/quality ratio is well in place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lindner-Hagenbeck, Manager at Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Stockport, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Good location for the airport, only 15 mins by taxi. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom was modern and clean with a good shower. Excellent breakfast choice. The wifi is not free. The style of the hotel made it a bit more interesting than the average hotel

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to read that you compliment our hotel and that it is a diversion to the other hotels you have stayed before. It is great to hear that we were able to satify you of the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Staying here again on business this is the second time and it just as good as the first.

Only had food in the bar area but very good with polite and efficient staff. Room is great again and I was able to log onto the wifi with my iphone this trip so that makes life a lot easier. Going home for the weekend but back here on Monday evening for a week hoping to add a third positive review.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your very positive review. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay again at our hotel. Whenever you are in Hamburg, we would be pleased to be your hosts.
Best regards, Fabian Engels & Team
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights on business very impressed. I will get the one negative out of the way first. Wifi was a nightmare we had the business rate so had access to the wifi code but even with that I could not pick up wifi anywhere in the hotel. I checked with reception and they said that they have a lot of problems with the iPhones but some of my colleagues were having problems to. They need to try and sort this out.

Everything else was a plus, I only ate in the hotel once but the food was great the staff were very polite and professional.

The rooms were very unique and different with different themed floors your had Asia, Africa and the gym area was Arctic. The gym was fine but I was using it early in the morning before work and they don't allow the treadmill to be use before 10am which is a shame.

The bar area was very nice and comfy with large sofas and an open fire, and the proximity to the tube station is a big bonus.

Would recommend this hotel and I am hoping to use it again if I return.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lindner-Hagenbeck, Geschäftsführer at Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of your last stay at the Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck. Thank you as well for your useful hints.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Nice place to stay and the concept of the Hotel based on Jungle theme is good ...nearby places to see is the Zoo and the Aquarium,liked my stay,and the ambiance of the hotel...near the airport as well.

Room Tip: the rooms are nicely located all around the hotel