“Delicious superbly presented food - nearest restaurant to Mehr Theatre am Grossmarkt”
Review of Fillet of Soul

Fillet of Soul
Ranked #96 of 4,069 Restaurants in Hamburg
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hamburg-Altstadt
Description: The combination of arts and cooking is full of promises - We at the House of Photograpgy are conscious of this. So we decided, when we reopened the museum in 2005, to marry the works of important photographers with a creative, innovative but non-trendy offer of treats for the gourmet.
Reviewed July 26, 2017

I was in Hamburg for the final weekend of the Billy Elliot The Musical UK/Ireland/Germany tour. I visited with a friend the night before the show, so time was not an issue, but service was a little slow so I'm not sure it would have been advisable to eat there on the show night itself. I appreciate that the food is freshly prepared but feel we were waiting a little long - surprising as the place was not busy at 8 pm or so when we visited.

That said the food was delicious and very attractively presented. The staff were cheerful and friendly. The place décor is stylish yet unpretentious and has a relaxing feel.

I ordered chilled gazpacho soup for starter, and pink veal with a delicious range of root vegetables with several different sauces for main. There were many different flavours but they went together very well.

All in all a most enjoyable meal.

Reviewed June 16, 2017

What a lucky find. lovely atmosphere, lovely staff and lovely food. The food is totally master chef with pesto added to rice pudding and fruit, delicious. There is a small but perfect menu and the food is obviously cooked with love.

patrickfilletofsoul, Inhaber at Fillet of Soul, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2017

HEllo LadyJolanda,
Thank You for the lovely comment. Please come back soon.
See you at the Fillet of Soul.
Patrick

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

This is a popular restaurant so it is best to book ahead.
It does not accept card payments.

There are only a few choices each course.

The food is carefully prepared well season and nicely presented.

I would visit again.

filletofsoul2014, Inhaber at Fillet of Soul, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Dear Wraxall_Travellers,

thank you for your stay at our restaurant. We just want to inform you that we accept cards. Maestro, Amex, Mastercard, Visa.
Till your next stay.

Best
The Fillet of Soul Team

Reviewed October 25, 2016 via mobile

My husband booked us a table there for valentine's day. The place has a lively atmosphere and the food was pretty good, they also had a vegetarian dish for me, that's always a plus. But the place was way too loud and the tables are standing so close to each other that we could hear all the people around us talking, but couldn't hear ourselves. I guess it's an OK place to go for lunch with some friends, but not for a romantic dinner.

Reviewed July 29, 2016

A very nice surprise downtown Hamburg. High quality of the ingredients (a mozzarella that tastes like mozzarella is not normal in northern Germany, believe me), surprising combinations, adequate wine, friendly service, pleasant location.
The tables are a bit too small but this is the only minus I can think of.