“beautiful surroundings”

Cuisines: Sushi, International
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: St. Pauli
Description: In a former iron foundry near Hamburg’s notorious redlight district, east blends gastronomy, hospitality and nightlife around a three-storey high restaurant and courtyard terrace called “Dedon Island”. Four pillars tower divide the restaurant area. Here, at the east restaurant, creativity never ends. Ingenious creations, born of the traditional, european cuisine, some of them mild and spicy embedded in asian fragrances and condiments, let your soul swing. Hamburg’s new and exquisite meeting- and melting-point.
Reviewed August 4, 2016

First of all , it's a little pricey but we thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and the service. As an appetizer we ordered the sushi , which we shared together. This was very delicious, and in my view enough for two people. For the main course i orderd truffle tagliatelle and it was realy nice. I orderd the 'small' version and that was quiet enough,

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed August 2, 2016

In the centre of town just behind the Reeperbahn. Modern and interesting outside (be prepared it's huge). The guards outside can be intimidating but once inside, the restaurant is very cool and high quality. There is an exclusive night club on the top floor, a trendy bar on the ground floor and the table service food is a short walk downstairs.

Great food, authentically made by Japanese chefs and the cocktails are mind blowing. Ideal for couples, friends and work.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed July 23, 2016

Having stayed at the hotel..we choose to stay here and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of service and the food. Keep it up East. Definitely worth visiting.

Date of visit: June 2016
3  Thank Shah Sultan A
east-cosmos, Leiter Gästebetreuung at EAST Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Dear Shah,

Thank you very much for taking time to send us your great comments. We hope to get the chance to welcome you back to the east Restaurant and Hotel.

Warm regards

Peter Praunsmändtl
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

Whilst on a business trip we visited East as a group of 12. The venue is impressive and I think a big part of its appeal.The staff were attentive and helpful and the service was good. The mixed feeling bit is the menu... I didn't quite get the mix.. I know that sushi is probably the attraction and those who had it said it was excellent but I thought the rest of the menu was lacking variation.. In saying that I did have a very good ( if slightly expensive) steak.. I do feel that 35 euro is a bit much especially when you have to add 9-10 euro to get couple of side dishes.. I suppose I may be out of touch price wise but I'm not eating the view and don't feel I should be charged for it.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 18, 2016

If you have one evening in Hamburg, have dinner here!!
It's that good! They have an incredible sushi and sashimi combination, but also very good other dishes!
Be sure to make reservations though as they fill up quickly! After dinner walk to the Empire Riverside Hotel for a cocktail at the 20up Bar to close up a nice evening in Hamburg!

Date of visit: October 2015
east-cosmos, Leiter Gästebetreuung at EAST Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2016

Dear "PDanielBS",

Thank you very much for kind review. We hope to see you soon at the east Restaurant and maybe welcome you to our recommendation for an "after Dinner Drink" at the clouds on the 23. Floor of the "tanzenden Türme".

Warm regards