“Put on your walking shoes.”
Review of Sanssouci Park

$658.91*
Private Day Tour of Wannsee and Potsdam from Berlin
Ranked #1 of 90 things to do in Potsdam
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Spare yourself the main palace site which is bit of a tourist trap and simply walk around the park and view the other less know sights. We thoroughly enjoyed our time and spent a whole day here just wandering around this fascinating place.

2  Thank Tina B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,097)

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I came here on a rushed half-day visit from Berlin as I wanted to visit the Bildegalerie. The train trip as well as the buses in Potsdam are covered by the Berlin public transport day pass for zones A, B and C. Excellent value. I had to get back for an appointment in Berlin so couldn't see everything but I was able to stroll around the lovely garden (reminiscent of a small Versailles), admire the palace and visit the small but excellent art gallery, the main purpose for my visit. On arrival there was a fairly lengthy wait at the station for the bus but coming back was very smooth. Tip: on arrival go to the bus stop to check departure times for the buses to the station. The bus leaves from a different place to where you get off. Potsdam itself looked charming and I was sorry I couldn't spend the whole day there. I would like to go again to have a better look.

1  Thank Neve97
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We were walking from the Sanssouci Palace to the very end of the Park (over an hour-walk). On the way, we stopped to admire garden architecture. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to go inside the Chinese House or up the hill to the winery - it'll be for the next visit. If you want to spend most of the day there, you won't get bored; nice scenery, plants, trees, sculptures etc. You can walk, sit down for a while when tired, and walk again. A perfect place for relaxation. Choose a good sunny weather to enjoy it fully. Our tour guide said that autumn was also very impressive there. It made our day!

2  Thank 79Holidaymaker
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Sanssouci Park is beautiful, the gardens, beer gardens and the palaces.

We spent half a day here on a day trip to Potsdam from Berlin. The only recommendation I'd make is not to go on a Monday - most of the museums and attractions close on Mondays.

2  Thank Lee W
Reviewed June 3, 2014

These gardens are really incredible. We drove the short distance from Berlin to Potsdam, and were well rewarded. These gardens are not to be missed. My guess is that they were created for royalty, and are extremely extensive, with sculptures and fountains everywhere. There are also sections of wilderness with neat pathways going through, probably made for hunting. The city itself is really nice to, with a beautiful historical area. All said I think Potsdam is a must do destination not to be missed. We were sold a map of the gardens at the gate for 2 Euro. You should plan to spend a full day here.