All reviews dutch quarter tram line reception staff decent hotel jet lag excellent location hot days pedestrian area good size walking distance per day a nice place to stay room was spacious free wifi old building business trip nice breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed December 9, 2018

I enjoyed my three night stay at NH Potsdam. The weather was cool (in fact, it rained a one of the days) so I didn't need the AC that others complained about. The firm European style beds are great for my back, and it was so very quiet here that I slept very well and immediately conquered the jet lag caused by coming from California. I appreciated the new fixtures in the bathroom; they made great use of the small space. I love the heated racks they have in the Berlin area bathrooms; it lets you wash small items of clothing and dry them quickly overnight. Really nice breakfast as others have noted. The location is just great, right off of the tram line and in the old town; I really enjoyed that part and being in Potsdam generally, a really great alternative to staying in Berlin proper. I found the staff to be a bit dismissive and cold, but that was true throughout my stay in the Berlin area.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Bachmann-Graffunder, Manager at NH Potsdam, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2018

Thank you very mutch for your Feedback about NH Potsdam Voltaire.

We wish you a HAPPY New Year 2019.

The Team from NH Potsdam Voltaire

Reviewed October 30, 2018

NH hotel did not exactly live up to standards. The location was great but the services were rather average (or below). Long waiting line for check-out (one person only), poor internter connection (had to pay to get good connection) and the room was rather small but ok.

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Reviewed October 22, 2018

Friendly, and fairly modern. Rooms well furnished. Bed was slightly uncomfortable though (hard) & was only made to be a "double" bed by pushing 2 singles together. Breakfast very expensive, so ate out.

Reviewed October 20, 2018

It's a decent hotel. Room was spacious, clean and nice. Located very near a tram stop. Nice bar. Rooms face a quiet courtyard.
Shortcomings:
a) wi-fi with dial up speeds. My colleague paid for the enhanced version: no improvement.
b) fitness and sauna are only open 10 am -10 pm and it costs to use the hotel's own tiny gym: mechanical spinning bike, rowing machine, weights combination. (10 euros)

1  Thank SINN
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here last week as part of a 100 person delegation from Mercedes Benz. We represented some 40 countries from around the World.
We arrived a little late in the evening to give a true reflection of the hotel but for the 12 hours we were there it was excellent.
Rooms excellent and everything worked. Typically German.
Breakfast was served early for us to leave the next morning. The staff were very attentive and 100 walking into reception at once did not seem to phase them.
Potsdam has entered my bucket list and will definitely be worth another look, and this hotel will be on my list.

Date of stay: September 2018