“Not the best Italian in town”
Review of Der Klosterkeller

Der Klosterkeller
Ranked #155 of 345 Restaurants in Potsdam
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Created 10-11-10,jsp;
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Friendly people, good service but the food and wine is okayish. I didn't think my pasta was very inspired. Maybe ordered the wrong food?

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We enjoyed the food here, all 12 was satisfied, only they didnt have any desserts. I ate some meat in dark beer sauce and enjoyed it. Service was friendly and not to slow, says its a typical German place, good atmosphere.

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten in this place a couple of times and have really enjoyed it. The food is typical German fare: hearty, simple but tasty and lots of it!! We barely managed two courses!
Service was excellent with the very helpful waitress speaking excellent English.
It has a nice atmosphere with a cellar-like appearance.
This place does not sell haute cuisine but if you go expecting simple German fare you will enjoy it I'm sure. The beer menu is long and varied too!!

1  Thank BillericayHammer
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We visited Postdam in the late afternoon and after visiting San Souci Schloss we wandered down Brandenberg Strasse in town. We stumbled upon Der Klosterkeller after turning the corner at the end of the street and what a find it was. We loved it.

We tried two of the four house specialities. Mine was the Klosterkeller Art (Monk's Plate) - roast pork, red cabbage and dumplings. It was super lecker! I never knew red cabbage could taste so good and the pork just melted in your mouth. My partner had the beef stew which was also wonderful.

The service was great- friendly, very helpful and patient with our bad German although they spoke English. They have menus in English, fortunately. We had the German menus at first and in my case 'some' German turned out to be a dangerous thing. I would have ordered the pigs livers from the German menu, which would have been a big mistake for me.

1  Thank Don B
Reviewed February 10, 2011

This is by far the best bierstube in Potsdam. Good atmosphere, great beer selection and some decent grub as well.

2  Thank Team_Porky