Comfort Hotel Bremerhaven
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$147
$88
Travelocity
Amaris Hotel(Bremerhaven)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfishall kindsfamily roomrooms are cleanfree wifimodern hotelsleepgermanbusinessharboursquaredesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was my second stay at the Comfort and try to get a room her whenever on business. Very good value with large rooms. The location is perfect for restaurants that are a 3 minutes walk and there is usually something on in the square during the summer. Parking is free as is Wifi. Good location for arriving from the main roads.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony. Room 305 faces the water and has 2 single beds.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not your standard American Comfort/Choice, etc. motel. The rooms are large (not huge), very well equipped (even a minibar and desk that spans the width of the room). Bathroom was standard but very clean and functional - not tiny either.

Breakfast was yet another story! I counted 11 different meats (hot and cold), nearly as many cheeses, all kinds of juices, a carafe of coffee at the table, and all the other breakfast items (cereals, fruits, etc.). Staff made sure every table was ready for newcomers and the food never ran out - although I didn’t wait until the last minute.

Front desk staff was very courteous and helpful as well as prompt.

The location is at the old Fisherman’s Wharf and rooms on that side have a view of ships and commercial establishments. There are a number of restaurants in ships and on land across from the hotel; beware it’s a fishing town and that’s probably 90% of the menus. I ate lots of schnitzel there in those little restaurants. It’s taxi/bus distance from downtown and the great museums (if you have German ancestors who emigrated, don’t miss the Auswanderer Haus!).

Be careful of bus tours near the hotel. I noticed one that looked like a city tour (my German isn’t great) on a bus but it wound up being 2.5 hours in the container shipping docks with all commentary in German when I wanted history and sights. But I found out the tour was as offered. Part of the fun of being a tourist though; you make mistakes and recover quickly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I love coming here, the rooms are clean and I always sleep well, and that view on to the old harbour gets me every time, loads of places to eat near by too. the only thing I have that could be improved on is the hospitality of the staff, some are a little stuck up. specifically the older ones.

Room Tip: Excellent, full stop
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I use this Hotel regularly for business. Its great value, simple, clean and well located. The atmosphere is unfussy and informal and the rooms are comfortable. The breakfast buffet is very good and the staff are friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here just for one night, location is good if you want to be outside the centre of the town and down in the tourist section of the harbour - alas I was there on business so it was not the best location for me.

Beware, they do smoking and non-smoking rooms. A colleague got a smoking room by mistake and felt like he'd had several cigarettes within 5 minutes of being in the room and had to ask for a non-smoking one!

The room I got was small, the pillows were wafer thin, and the room was a bit stuffy. I cannot comment on food as I wasn't there for breakfast and we went across the road for dinner at the harbour.

When we checked in we were told we had to pay tourist tax on the room, that this was not included in what was paid by the travel agent. When we checked out in the morning, no mention was made of any payment so we didn't pay anything!

Room Tip: Ensure if you don't smoke you ask for a non smoking room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business