“Nice enough but wouldn't go back”
Review of Beck's Bistro

Beck's Bistro
Ranked #107 of 978 Restaurants in Bremen
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The food at Beck's Bistro was nice; the waitress was really lovely (even though they were hugely understaffed that night); and the location is fab as it's situated right on the market place.

However, the atmosphere isn't great - the restaurant itself is a bit grotty and in my opinion, you can get far nicer food elsewhere for the same price as Beck's Bistro isn't exactly cheap. It was a pleasant enough meal but there are far nicer places to go in Bremen, especially with the Bremen Ratskeller only a stone's throw away!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We couldn't get into the Bistro on the Saturday but succeeded on Sunday.It was easily the best lunch we had in Bremen. The staff was so accommodating. One of our party just wanted fried eggs and chips. (not on the menu) and there was no problem being accommodated. Very good value, very good food.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We wen't to the Bistro on a Wednesday evening, actually early, around 8. The place is not large and there we're many people there, mostly just arrived like us. And only one employee. She apologized to us about slow service while carrying a full tray of German beer. But perhaps she was just boasting, as the service was anything but slow. She brought us the menus, took our order in a few minutes and then brought our beers and five minutes later our food.
I had the rump steak, my wife a dish with three meats (pork, steak and turkey). My steak was nicely done, medium as requested and tasted good. The steak for my wife was a bit overdone but pork and turkey just right. The fries were basic fries, nothing to boast about, the salad was good too. And thankfully, not the german portion size (which tends to be enormus). All in all, the food was good but not something you remember fondly for years.
From the outside, this is the best location in Bremen, the building beautiful but perhaps even surprisingly comtemporary in the inside and thankfully sparingly decorated.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I really enjoyed eating and drinking at the Becks Bistro. Naturally it allowed me to sample an array of beers, whilst consuming some Germany dishes! Really great prices too! :)

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Wow,what a restaurant.
Everything was spot on and couldnt have been better,the location,food,drinks,service,atmosphere and the price.I can honestly say this was one of the nicest meals I'v ever had,and my family felt the same.I went for the rump steak (which was more like fillet steak,it was like cutting butter) the others had a pork shnitzel chasseur,which again was delcious and my brother inlaw had a simple margherita pizza which could have fooled any pizza lover to assume they were in a pizza restaurant.
Alongside all the food we got through many half litre beers and the two that stood out was the haake beck (krausen) and the franzishaner weissbier,so if you enjoy your beers then you must try these.
If you are lucky enough to go in one day and have your waitress to be stephanie then you will be in luck,she took care of the whole restaurant and not once did we find ourselfs waiting to be served without a smile.

1  Thank LoveOrlando86