“Excellent location”

IntercityHotel Bremen
Ranked #27 of 86 Hotels in Bremen
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Loved the location of this hotel. Right outside the tram terminal and next door to the train station, so perfect if you are wanting to explore. Buffet breaskfast has lots to choose from and the rooms are really nice, spacious and clean. The only slight complaint would be that there is some noise in the room from trains and traffic, but it did not bother me as I slept right through it after lots of bottles of different flavoured Becks that is brewed here. I suppose the noise is part and partial of having a hotel so close to the transport, so for me it wasn't a major issue, I didn't hear it often and it didn't keep me awake.

Definatley visit Burgerpark, about a 10 minute walk from the hotel (or catch a tram from outside) it's lovely to wander around and there is a crazy golf course, boats to hire out on the lake and a lovely little restaurant on the lake which does great ice creams.

Room Tip: Try for a room at the front of the hotel, may be less noisy than the ones at the back that overlook...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank evertonl
There are newer reviews for IntercityHotel Bremen

Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was a big, impersonal hotel which was so close to the railway we were virtually on platform 3. This made for a noisy stay - not just the trains but the delivery guys at 5am. The free wired internet in the rooms was OK, but 3 euro for a small bottle of water where the tap water would not run cold is a bit of a cheek. The lobby computer refused to work, and when we finally managed to get it going it refused to print. Happily the desk staff obliged. Staff generally a bit undermanned but cheerful, food excellent and breakfast plentiful. Stay if you want to use the free public transport tickets and don't mind noise! Or spot trains for a hobby.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights. The location was extremely central, the room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The bathroom was newly refurbished and very clean. The staff are friendly and helpful. It's not over the top fancy, but it was well beyond good enough for me. I could stay here for weeks!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel from 29th / 31st May 2012. This was my second stay and I was again pleased with my choice. Just turned 65 years so took advantage of the Seniors Rate which was 179 euros including breakfast. Reluctant to review this Hotel again so soon, as I had stayed there a few months ago, but they now have English T.V. so you can keep up to date with the World News etc. No complaints re the staff or Hotel, but you may get some train noise through the night, if you are a light sleeper. I always take ear plugs when I travel and I used them during this stay. As I was a solo traveller...you only get one small pillow which made sleep a bit more uncomfortable.

Room Tip: I liked room 141 which is on a high floor but you do get some train noise. If you have a room at th...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Philip D
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Have spent 2 nights here! Bremen is such a great city!
Hotel
Location - next to the central railway station, just 10 mind walk from the old city. Hotel will give you FREE cards for the public transport usage for the whole period of your stay!
Parking- hotel has no parking put there is a huge public parking on a next street just for 2.5 euros person day.
Internet- only superior business rooms have Internet. We have stayed in a standard so had to use free wifi in the lobby.
Rooms- nice, warm. Even facing the railway you will not
hear any noise if windows closed.
Breakfast - nothing special, have seen better, but you will not be hungry.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank JungleCatUkraine
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This week I stayed at the Intercity for the first time in over a year. I had defected to the Courtyard on the other side of the railway line and only came back because that place was full. I used to be a regular at the IC but it didn't take me long to remember why I was a 'lapsed' user.

The hotel is much more noisy than the Marriott - I've had rooms there where I could see the signs on the platform and still not hear the trains - sadly at the IC the train noise is much more noticeable. I had a room that didn't overlook the station but I still noticed the noise.

The internet is more reliable than I recall and I was given fruit which was a nice touch. The rooms are very basic though and the beds are a disaster. After 3 nights on a supersoft mattress I was in agony. So much so that I've begged the travel agency to put me on the wait list for my visit this week. If I can't get out of the IC then the mattress will go on the floor - there's no other way my back and I can survive.

The staff are pleasant, the rooms are always clean, the breakfast is a bit weak, but the restaurant serves good value meals and the bar has a LONG happy hour with cheap cocktails. Free tram/bus tickets come as standard and it's ideally placed for tram and train. If they can just fix the beds, I'd go back. Avoid when it's hot - if there is AC, I've never seen it in action.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms at the back too close to the trains.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business