TRYP by Wyndham Bremen Airport
Ibis Bremen City(Bremen)(Great Value!)
$76
$156
$103
$88
  • Room Service
Novum Hotel Bremer Haus(Bremen)(Great Value!)
$92
  • Breakfast included
$102
$97
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscity centretram stopnight portermin driveclose to downtowndecent breakfastlarge roombooked this hotellocation is greatthree nightsbeautiful cityeasy accessstopsmicrowavecookersupermarketsofa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We expected for the price that this would be a very basic hotel, but not at all. Room was nicely decorated and beds were comfortable and big with fresh white good quality linen. Fridge and cooking facilites were unexpected, and we didn't need them. Only problem was the stale smell of the room, but we had dogs, so I expect that they didn't give us the freshest room (perhaps a smoking room?).
Breakfast lacked variety of bread, which in Germany is unexpected, but the rest was acceptable.

1  Thank Dianecarole2000
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I have stayed a number of times at this Hotel over the last 4 years, but no longer and I will drive onto the next Accor Hotel when I next need to stay over in Germany. The Ibis at Osnabruck is far better and has been renovated.

The room was roasting at around 25 oC thats what the portable A/C unit recorded when I turned it on. Dont try opening the window as due to the location of the Hotel you get constant road noise mixed in with trains and the odd plane. Did not get a good nights sleep and thats all I ask for when I am passing through on a 15 hour road trip. Plus point is there is no charge for parking and have always found a space.

Breakfast was poor, there is a McDonalds down the road which is better value for money.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 5, 2012

A very friendly and pet friendly hotel. We booked in advance and warned we had two terrieers. Absolutely no problem. On arrival a dog bed + eating bowls were ready. Nice decent rooms with a nice firm and real double bed. Much better than expected. Clean, efficient, close to airport and motorways. Good parking possibilities..... Can't really fault anything.
Breakfast in addition for about 7 or 8 Euros per person with a good decent german breakfast buffet.
A better tv and a better selection of bread would havve been nice, but in overall a really positive stay.

1  Thank lhi1964
Reviewed December 17, 2011

My wife and I have just returned from staying two nights mid-week at this hotel for the Bremen Christmas Market jollies.

I think most of the previous contributors' comments are pretty fair - this hotel has certainly seen better days, the fixtures and furniture in the room we were allotted showed the signs of many years' use and the only other establishment in the immediate vicinity is a Chinese restaurant (around a hundred metres from the front entrance). Having said that though, the
check in service was excellent and our request for a smoking room was immediately accommodated (something of a novelty - our experience is that many hotels no longer offer any rooms were smoking is permitted), our room was spacious, clean and attended and was equipped with a coffee maker, kettle, hob, microwave and refrigerator - so it was possible to warm something up (no doubt great for back-packers). The bar on the ground floor was open until 1.00am each night and you could also grab a pizza (although that was it - a restaurant with a very small "r" I think). We chose to skip the breakfast (offered at EURO 12.50 per person) both mornings.

Gripes? We could only find German language channels on the room TV and no coffee was provided to go with the kettle and cups (although a quick raid on the unattended service trolley solved that one! Oversight?). Bearing in mind we paid just £49 per night, via hotels.com, these issues are not something that would put me off staying here again if I was looking to visit Bremen again and not spend more than is necessary on a bed for the night. For the sake of a fifteen minute walk each morning I reckon we saved around EURO 60.00 per night over the cost of one of the other hotels in, or on the outskirts, of the city centre.

For UK visitors, think Travellodge or Premier Inn and you won't go far wrong.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

As stated in other reviews the hotel is located just three stops from the airport, allowing the purchase of a reduced tram ticket. The ticket machine at the airport only takes coins, where as the big blue machine at the front of the tram allows purchase of tickets with euro notes. You will then need to fold your ticket in half to validate it. When you get of the tram you can look around and see the hotel.

The hotel itself is fine. Warm, clean, comfortable. Generously sized rooms for Europe (this could be due to the upgrade that be received during check in).

All staff extremely friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is one of the best we have experience in Europe for this price range. Good selection of cereals, yoghurt, fruit, cold meat and cheese, breads, coffee, juice, pastries. There was also some hot food although apart eggs I cannot recall what else was available.

The hotel is 20 mins walk from the old town, or 5 mins on the tram.

If returning to Bremen I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple