“one significant failure goes down with rating”

Novum Hotel Garden Bremen
Ranked #36 of 86 Hotels in Bremen
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Garden hotel is a decent one.

Unwatched parking place. Good connection to the town centre by bus or tram. It is anly 900 m to the nearest mall.

Rooms are well equipped and clean. Wi-fi works OK.

Breakfast is excellent.

Some negatives
- hotel is not handicapped friendly; access to the reception level only by stairs, very close elevator, access to IV floor only by stairs
- number of TV programs is very limited
- rooms are very expencieve

Some positives
- friendly and helpful staff
- cookies and fruits for free in the lobby

So, why so low rating from me? I get my room extremely cold. It was cold December day. I was after 6 hours drive and willing to get a shower. Instead I need to sit in the cold room and waiting to get at least acceptable temperature by hours!
There was cold even next day despite fully opened radiators.
My room was on the IV floor, garret rooms with dormers. I can easy image summer hot day with opposite problem - too hot.

I can not recommend this hotel due to the mentioned problem.

Room Tip: Avoid IV floor rooms at all costs!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank IdaandKristof

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Although a bit out of the centre of Bremen, the tram station is right next to the hotel and the trams are every few minutes making it easy to get out and about and explore, so don't be put off by location. The rooms are quite compact, but clean and modern and contain everything you need, as well as some lovely extras like a Milka chocolate on your pillow, water and nuts. We chose not to have breakfast in the hotel as this was 10 euros pp per night extra, so instead grabbed pretzels on the go. The staff were very friendly and spoke English well, and the option to buy beer from behind reception and drink it in your room was excellent. We got engaged in Bremen so all in all a holiday to remember and a good value, welcoming place to stay- we would return!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cb1uk
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My friends and I stayed here for one night as a part of our city break to Bremen. Our flight arrived at 9:00 am and our booking stated that check in wasn't until 2:00pm. However, we thought we would go to the hotel and try and drop our bags off. The hotel staff were more than happy to oblige and said that we could also check in at 12:00pm when they had had chance to clean the room. We were informed of where the toilets were so we could freshen up and our bags were locked away for our return. We returned to the hotel at around 2:00pm and went to our room, adequately sized for 3 and perfectly clean. We all enjoyed an afternoon nap after an early morning and, we manage to purchase some drinks at reception for a good price. The hotel staff spoke rather good English and always appeared happy to help. We paid 10 euros per person for the breakfast the following morning and enjoyed every cent worth. A great selection of pastries, meats, cheese and cereals. The following day after we checked out, the staff again were very helpful and allowed us to leave our bags for the day to collect later before we flew home. Yes the hotel was a little out of the city centre, (only 12 mins) and my friends and I really appreciated the opportunity to see another side to Bremen, (The tram features frequently in our photos). I am already considering my next trip to Bremen and would stay here again, I have also recommended it to family.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank HappyHoliday087
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We arrived at the hotel very late after an evening flight and stop in town for food. We ate at the Ratskeller - nice food and surroundings but the rudest waitress I've ever encountered. So we were pleased to be welcomed by Herr Alexander (sp?) at reception who was friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is nicely decorated and the rooms were clean and a decent size. The buffet breakfast had a very varied selection and good quality food. We had dinner there on Saturday evening as the two neaby restaurants did not cater for vegetarians, it was a good choice as the food was wonderful and service great. The little hotel bar is also worth a visit. Could not have asked for a better hotel, great value.
A taxi from town late at night was 11e but the tram to Moorstrasse from town centre was very easy. Bremen has some stunning buidlings, nice little shops and very friendly locals.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yourfavouriteslave
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Garden Hotel is a nice place to stay for a good nights sleep. The rooms are fine, the hotel staff are polite, the surroundings are quiet, and it's near to the tram line station. But it takes 10-15 minutes to get to the city. In other words, not a great place for guest that come for the night life in Bremen. There's maybe one or two restaurants in the area, but they are very local. You have to go to the city if you want a good night out eating/drinking.

When we stayed there a car on the hotel parking area was broken into. If you park there, DON'T leave any valuables in the car.

There is a computer with Internet in the lobby, free to use for guests, but only suitable for a fast check of mail and such. No wireless.

All in all this is a nice hotel, the surrondings are green, you have a big shopping center in the area, and it's no problem going wih the tram to town.

- And Bremen is worthwile to see :)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Radler09
Reviewed May 11, 2009

We were 4 girls travelling together, and before leaving for Bremen I booked this hotel. Of-course I was excited, cause if it wasn't as good as I thought it would be I would feel bad.
We took a taxi from the airport, about 20 min and it was about 14 Euros.

The hotel is situated outside the city centre, but it's no problem to go to there by the Tram. Took 10 min and it's always a tram going in that direction. We actually enjoyed that the hotel was a bit outside. We had a beautilful park next to the hotel too.

When we got there the sun was shining and all of these flowers around the hotel smelled sooo good. Spring was definitely a good time to visit Bremen.

We were welcomed by a very friendly woman in the hotel reception, and we got all the info we needed.
it's a computer with internet, free use at the desk there too... And some really yummy candy's:-)
If you need internet at the room you can rent a cable for it 5 Euro's/day.
We got to the room and it was clean and comfy. Not very spacious, but all the space we needed. The beds were REALLY nice!!!

The breakfast was ok. A bit overprised. 10 Euros, so I would rather spend those money somewhere else. But good enough, and the staff was very friendly.

We had such a nice time in Bremen & loved The Garden Hotel and the rates are really good too!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chiica81
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I stayed here at the start of April with my partner Craig and our bessie Lee. We are all late-teens early twenties and although we arrived pretty late - 11:30pm - we found the hotel welcoming. We had not printed off a voucher from the site we booked the room through but the helpful guy on reception let us use their internet connection so we could print one off. He was like our knight in shining armour. There was a lovely hazelnut chocolate on our pillows and some nice water. The breakfast was served from 5.30am onwards so great for us early risers and you can help yourself from an ample buffet. My partner Craig even made some luncheon meat rolls for the journey home. Beds and towels were changed daily and room and bathroom were both spotless. There was also a bathroom across the hall so Lee used this when I was in the en-suite. Mattresses were very comfortable (and believe you me, we tested them). Staff were very helpful and although the location was not fantastic there was a tram that ran round the clock direct into the town centre not far away. This place is not the Ritz but if you want a clean comfortable place to lay your head or show your lover a good time you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Kris M