“A great hotel, just steps from the train station doors”
Review of Courtyard Bremen

Courtyard Bremen
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Bremen
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My sister and I took the Line 6 tram from the airport, arrived at the Bremen train station and were surprised to find our hotel just a few steps from the train station doors! We had a lovely, modern room that was spotless and comfortable. GREAT bathroom. Our front desk person was the best of the best. I believe his name was Flynn and he spoke superb English as well as German. He was charming and helpful at every turn, no matter our question or need. The lobby is lovely and has many little alcoves and spots to sit and read or sip coffee or talk. Though adjacent to a busy transportation center, we heard no outside sounds in our room. We opened our windows one evening to enjoy the fresh air and still never heard any sounds from the trains at all. Our room was on the 4th floor and we enjoyed the view of the Bremen Arena, the train station, and trees, sky, and buildings beyond. We enjoyed a lovely walk to the Bürgerpark, a grand and beautiful expanse of trees, grasses, flowers, lakes, statues, trails, children's play areas, boat rentals, and some restaurants situated within the park itself. Our lunch at Emma am See in the Bürgerpark was superb. This restaurant sits beside a lake and the view is wonderful. That evening we walked to Die Glocke, a marvelous classical concert venue, and enjoyed one of the best musical performances we have experienced anywhere. I had ordered tickets several weeks prior to our trip. The hotel is within easy walking distance of all the historical buildings and interests we wished to visit, as well as lots of great shopping. We loved the Bremen Windmill, a beautiful thing to see from any vantage point. We did not dine in the hotel. We found great, inexpensive food at the train station when we were in a bit of a time crunch, and one evening we brought food back from the train station to our lovely room and enjoyed it with a cold Beck's beer, brewed in Bremen. We traveled to Hamburg next and though we enjoyed that city very much, we wished we had stayed longer in Bremen, and our hotel was one of the reasons! I would post photos here, but I have never had success doing so on this site.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BeeZak

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Close to the station, clean, new and will exceed your expectations.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Located right next to the main railway station, this hotel is in a great locations.

A modern, clean hotel with spacious rooms which are clean and comfortable. The bed is a little hard but comfortable and it was a large queen bed. Our room was on the 1st floor and at the rear of the hotel which over looks the railway line, but it wasn't too noisy. Windows have good sound proofing. Room also has a large TV with around 30 channels but not many in English. But there were some pay films etc. Also a small desk and chair, plus a small fridge (not a mini bar). Hanging space is plenty but not enough clothes hangers. plus there is a small safe in the room.

I was given a voucher for one hour of free internet access per day. I needed more as working from my room and 24 hours internet costs 12.50 euro. Not too expensive but this is not a budget hotel so would expect it to be free at this cost of room.

Bath room is spacious and clean with large full bath and a good shower plus all the usual free toiletries.

Breakfast is extra at 16 euro. Choice and quality is Ok, but there are plenty of cafe's in the station less than 1 min walk away and considerably cheaper.

All staff very helpful and most spoke good English.

There is also a fitness room in the hotel with a couple of runners, cross worker and weights.

If you are here in October for the Freimarkt (Free Market) festival then this hotel is probably one of the closest!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stayed 2 nights at the Courtyard in Bremen on a business trip in October 2011. The hotel is modern, clean, practical and in a great location with easy to access from the airport (simply take tram line 6 directly outside the airport, cost Euro 2.30) so you don't need an expensive taxi. Breakfast is a comprehensive buffet. My room was large with 2 doubles, and i was really pleased with the cleanliness and modern feel. I had an evening meal in the bar/restaurant - the food was good and reasonably priced.

Overall, i'd certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: It is next to a railway station but i'm told rooms are well soundproofed. My room was fine.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Booked a stay at the Courtyard in Bremen based on previous reviewers comments on how convenient the location was to the train station. They could not have been more accurate. We literally we in the hotel lobby within 3 minutes of detraining. The staff is young, enthusiastic and well versed in English. Despite being close to the station the rooms were soundproof and the rooms were spotless, completely up to date technology-wise and the bed was perfect. In the morning we checked out, but needed to store our bags which staff did cheerfully - as I was about to head out sightseeing on a rainy morning the lady who checked the bags said "Don't forget your umbrella" and handed me a hotel umbrella for use. In my experience at most hotels once you check out you are a nobody.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have no complaints whatsoever about this very nice hotell. I couldn't have been happier with the location. The entrance can't be more than 40 yards from the rear door of the Hauptbahnhof. The room was well appointed, the bed very comfortable and the room very quiet. I never heard a train or any other noise from my room, which was 517, on the east side of the hotel. The bathroom was medium sized and well equipped. The breakfast buffet, which was not included in my room rate, was very nice. You get three choices for the buffet: a pastry and coffee for 4.50 Euros, add juice, yogurt and an egg and more bread items for 9.00 Euros, and a full selection of hot and cold items for around 19 Euros. The facilities are of a very high standard and I couldn't have been more pleased with my stay. The price I paid was 123 Euros, which was a real bargain, in my opinion.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed in the Courtyard by Marriott Bremen on September 16th, 2011, for one night. We were on our way to Northern Germany by train and had been looking for a comfortable stop-over near Central Station from which we were able to explore the city. This is absolutely what we got.
Our room was spacious enough, featured the typical king size Marriott bed with lots of cushions and the bathroom had just been renovated. Even though the room was facing the backside of Bremen central station, it was really quiet. We didn't go for breakfast since it was not included in our rate and there are lots of cafes around which are probably notably cheaper.
Walking to the historic district of Bremen takes about 10 minutes in normal walking distance and we were really stunned by the beauty of the buildings and streets around the center. Also, there were lots of nice restaurants. We ended up in a very recommendable Tapas Restaurant.

Why didn't I rate it 5 points? Well, internet is much too costly for today's times (I recall it was more than 10 Euros for the access from our room), and there was nothing real special about the hotel - you get what you expect from a Marriott, but there was no surprising "extra mile". And, of course, it couldn't be considered a bargain either. We payed 110 Euro for the two of us (my wife and I) w/o breakfast...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple