“Never again. Ever”

Ranked #1 of 23 Specialty Lodging in Bremen
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Never again. Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

One of the worst hostels I've see stayed at. Never again. Rude service, was just ignored at reception for 15 minutes, then after the ridiculous prices charged for a 9 bed dorm (no sheets included, don't forget city tax and actually has 10 beds) I find out I have to climb over beds, up a tall shaky ladder to a overhead bed space with about 1.2 meter height... I couldn't stand up or sit on the bed.... Try getting changed or anything there, had to crawl on hands and knees! It's disgusting really, what they charge and provide.... I can't believe they have the nerve, the staff didn't care at all.... "It's what it is" .... Don't go here, go anywhere else.... You will regret it.

Then on top of this the other 'patrons' are loud, party in the room all night and wont turn lights off/ quiet down at 3am....seriously never again

Room Tip: If you must go get a bed on the ground floor!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jadk001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great location. Friendly, helpful staff. Clean. Wifi and free coffee. Everything a traveler could need. The only down side was the group of party-ers talking, laughing, screaming and playing music all night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

One of the best i have been to for sure, apart from a little iffy WIFI I cant really find fault.

Huge clean beds, good shower, heaps of space for leisure and great staff that spoke english well and were very helpful. I went in an off-season time so there werent many people there so wasnt a very sociable experience but that was ok for a weekend trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Bremen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed at this hostel for about a week. It is by far one of the best hotels in which I've been lodged. First I choose the four bed room, which has bathroom and a shower inside the room. Then, due to the fact that I decided to stay a little longer, I moved to a 7 bed room. I was in another hostel with that amount of beds and let me tell you, it was a disgusting experience! Too many people cramped in one single room. In this particular case, the rooms were big enough to let you breathe. A little sink was included but I don't see the point of it. A girl decided to drink after in the middle of the night and I could hear the noise coming from the faucet. So, better pay a little more for a tight sleep. Almost forgot, there's lockers in the room, just ask in the reception.

Location is another excellent highlight for this hostel. I'm not lying, you can find a bus station on the next block, and there's a lot of places to shop in the surrounding area (bakery, supermarket, restaurants). Bremen main station (Hauptbahnhof) can be reached by foot, but if you feel lazy, a bus can get you there in less than 7 minutes. I also could reach the center of the city by foot but, once again, a couple of connections were enough to travel to the beautiful St. Peter Cathedral.

Concerning the staff... awesome! They helped me a lot and they were very patient with my fair German. I told the reception staff that I wanted to practice that language and they were eager to help me, they even corrected some of the e-mails that I needed to send. This doesn't happens regularly in other places.

To summarize, this is you best option to stay in Bremen!

Room Tip: Choose wisely, 2-4 bed rooms are the way to go. If you spend less, you'll regret it because if y...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
tunisie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

the place was good, but extra charge for non use of linen, make me very upset...
coz I was in the end of my trip and I dont have that much money, but she keep charging me 20 euro.... really upset about that girl in the reception, coz I already told here that am running out of money please make exception.. but she still incist ....
sorry

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hostel for several nights recently after I stayed at town side earlier in the year. We were welcomed politely by the receptionist who was more than helpful. However charged extra for a city tax? The hostel is in a great location and would recommend this to any budget travellers although the rooms are slightly cramped.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Honestly, I'm writing this review whilst at the hostel, one of the best places I've ever been... Go with an open mind, the staff are friendly and curious. The hostel manager Melanie is a diamond, the price for a mixed room is redonculous. Amazing, is the only word I could ever use.

• Stayed April 2013