“Best North Indian restaraunt in Berlin”
Review of Rani

Rani
Ranked #6,506 of 8,587 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
Austin
“Best North Indian restaraunt in Berlin”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I am Indian and am temporarily in Germany on business. I have been looking for some good Indian food and after a sampiling a bunch of restaraunts I think I have finally found the best Indian restaraunt in Germany and probably better than most outside India!

My friends and I were visiting Berlin and were craving for some Dosas (have not found a good place yet) and were siggested Rani by an owner of another Indian restaraunt Masaledaar(which I still need to try) who does not make Dosas. We arrived at about 12:30 hoping for the best, but it turned out that their Dosa specailists were gone for the week(I know, it sounds crazy) and that thay had only north indian food available. With our hopes dashed and a heavy heart we skimmed through the menu and order Indian Chai, Aloo paratha, Vegi Biryani, Bhindi and Dal (we were a bunch of hungry indians and we were not going to go hungry). The chai came out and it had elaichi and a touch of home and was one of the best I have had in a while. Next came the paratha and we were blown away!! The paratha here was the best I have had in a very long time!! They were pretty big and unless you have huge apetite, two of those for one person would be a filling meal. The achar (pickle)was quite good too. By the time we ate the paratha we were quite full but nevertheless polished off the biryani, the dal and bhindi (okra) which were all great. The bhindi does come with gravy, so you may want to get it wouth the gravy if you prefer it that.way. I finished off with another chai and we ordered 25 parathas togo for the week. They were really busy and we had to leave before they could make them all but I am sure we'll back very soon! So, to all of you looking for some good indian food, this is where your search will end!! Thank me later.. ;)

• Visited March 2011

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It used to be "the" Indian place in Schöneberg, now it is one of many on Goltzstr. alone. No renovation...”
Reviewed September 14, 2008

It used to be "the" Indian place in Schöneberg, now it is one of many on Goltzstr. alone. No renovation since the 80ies - come on...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook