“Coolest place ever with worst staff ever”

White Trash Fast Food
Ranked #253 of 8,661 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

When deciding to visit Berlin during our Interrail trip we looked many lists of suggested nightclubs and bars and White Trash was always mentioned, so we wrote it up on our to-do list. The last night of our Berlin stay we tried to book a table there, but were rudely told by whoever picked up the phone that even thinking of booking so late was impossible. So we went to another club, and when we were walking back to our apartment we ran by coincidence into the main entrance of the White Trash and decided to have a last drink there. It was about 4 AM and the dancefloor still had about ten people dancin' to 60s tunes on it and there were a few other young guys at the bar lounge. So we sat down, ordered three drinks and while we were waiting I took a tour of the restaurant, which even with all the lights turned off and no one inside was really trashy and alternative in a good way. When I got back to the bar, the bartender made my change my mind in a few minutes. First, sipping on my Cuba Libre I noticed there was barely a drop of alcohol in it, which was a huge disappointment considering the not-so-standard price I paid, then when one of my friends asked where he could put off his cigarette, the bartender took it out of his hands, and rudely threw it on the ground saying ''tis the big ashtray' and laughing by himself. Then, about 5 minutes later, noticing the guy had started cleaning some glasses I asked him if I could get another drink. The bartender laughed hard in my face and said 'that's a really funny question dude, you think you're really funny don't ya, asking for a white russian at this hour, we're almost closing, ahahah, really [--] funny question' and went on uttering stuff like that for another 5 minutes, laughing again by himself and not even listening to what I had to say in response, when just a plain 'no' would have done it and spared his club a bad review. At that point we left the bar, very disappointed.

There are newer reviews for White Trash Fast Food

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was really looking forward to it, after all the good things i heard from friends. Me and my girlfriend decided to visit for lunch on a monday. I walked in and was amazed by the quirky style and good music. This place was off to a good start. I was greated after a few mins by a grumpy woman who didnt really seat us, more pointed and sighed. The menu looked good, even the lunch menu. I had the 'hell fire BBQ burger' which was small, mild and a lie. The meat itself was good quality, moist and juicy. The bbq wasnt hot. More of a tang. The chips were soggy and cold. The burger itself was very small. I wont even talk about my girlfriends meal, lets just say the fish and chips was more like a single fish finger and the same soggy chips. The beer was great, but then again its hard to find a bad beer in berlin, although 5euro for 0,5l is expensive. I would like to think this place can live up to expectations, but for me a terrible experience that continued all night in the bathroom.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a nice restaurant, if you want to eat a great burger. The home lemonade was delicious too. I would come back, even when the attitude could be adjusted. :-)
But, the food was great.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This place is pure theatre, with fabulous food, Americano style, and the fit out is...well, Hogwarts meets Rock Cafe. The wine list of one was sufficient, the ribs perfect, and the staff very friendly though slightly terrified of English. Slightly.

We walked in, but you should book as it has been discovered.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Bit too dark, but the food was delicious and good value as well. Recommended. Book in, or be early as it gets full around 7 PM. The spare ribs are awesome.