“Great view of Ku'damm but food average”
Review of Moevenpick - CLOSED

Moevenpick
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Toronto
“Great view of Ku'damm but food average”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This restaurant was well located on Ku'damm with great view of the Kaiser Wilhelm memorial church and the small park below if seated by the window. We tried the lunch buffet (one plate for 12.90 Euro and 14.90 for all-you-can-eat) with various salads and hot dishes, including in the price was a coffee or soft drink. Great value but food quality was average considering this is Movenpick (had better quality food at other Movenpick). Service was quick and courteous and atmosphere was relax. A good place to stop for quick meal (menu looked reasonable) in the area.

• Visited April 2013

“Boring. ”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was looking old, the menu was not really anything interesting on, the food took way too long to get prepared and served!

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“Turning back the clock...”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was first taken to a Moevenpick (in Stuttgart) as a young man more than thirty years ago, and as a naive relatively inexperienced traveller from the UK I was bowled over by the operation and style of the place.

Now, wiser and more cynical, I came across this example of the genre, and tried to revisit my lost youth. Of course now I realise that this is a formulaic offering, and in the grand scheme of things holds a rightful place in the spectrum of restaurants, but nevertheless I was very pleased with my experience.

My style of eating is such that if there is something on the menu that I don't recognise, or have never tried, I have got to have it. Sometimes the desire for a new experience leads one to odd places, but in this case the buffet satisfied it, in that I was able to try lots of food that was, if nothing else, different from my normal experiences in that it was, simply, German.

And I loved it.

The waiters were aimiable, the service (only welcome, wine and bill as it was a buffet) was excellent, and I had offers to help whenever I stood gazing at the selection. And I should mention it was good value too.

Kinda completes the circle, I think.

• Visited March 2013
Israel
“Enjoyed the breakfast buffet!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Excellent breakfast buffet which we all enjoyed - parents and kids. Mind you - on Sundays (and on New Year's day, we discovered) the breakfast buffet closes at 11:00, and brunch buffet starts at 11:30 for 27 euros per person. Service was good; Espresso, hot chocolate etc. are included in the price, as is the sparkling wine and a couple of cakes. The impressive cake selection is for additional fee.
There is a special area for families with small children with some toys.

• Visited December 2012
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Movenpick Berlin”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visited Movenpick on Kurfürstendamm (known locally as Ku'damm), in the Europa Center on the Breitscheidplatz. The restaurant is on the second floor overlooking a square and busy street below. Try and get a window seat if possibl. Service good, food very tasty and a fair price.

• Visited October 2012