“Turning back the clock...”
Review of Moevenpick - CLOSED

Moevenpick
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was first taken to a Moevenpick (in Stuttgart) as a young man more than thirty years ago, and as a naive relatively inexperienced traveller from the UK I was bowled over by the operation and style of the place.

Now, wiser and more cynical, I came across this example of the genre, and tried to revisit my lost youth. Of course now I realise that this is a formulaic offering, and in the grand scheme of things holds a rightful place in the spectrum of restaurants, but nevertheless I was very pleased with my experience.

My style of eating is such that if there is something on the menu that I don't recognise, or have never tried, I have got to have it. Sometimes the desire for a new experience leads one to odd places, but in this case the buffet satisfied it, in that I was able to try lots of food that was, if nothing else, different from my normal experiences in that it was, simply, German.

And I loved it.

The waiters were aimiable, the service (only welcome, wine and bill as it was a buffet) was excellent, and I had offers to help whenever I stood gazing at the selection. And I should mention it was good value too.

Kinda completes the circle, I think.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Excellent breakfast buffet which we all enjoyed - parents and kids. Mind you - on Sundays (and on New Year's day, we discovered) the breakfast buffet closes at 11:00, and brunch buffet starts at 11:30 for 27 euros per person. Service was good; Espresso, hot chocolate etc. are included in the price, as is the sparkling wine and a couple of cakes. The impressive cake selection is for additional fee.
There is a special area for families with small children with some toys.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visited Movenpick on Kurfürstendamm (known locally as Ku'damm), in the Europa Center on the Breitscheidplatz. The restaurant is on the second floor overlooking a square and busy street below. Try and get a window seat if possibl. Service good, food very tasty and a fair price.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I think is not something new and unusual to say positive about the food in Mövenpick! They are just getting the freshest and so tasty ingredients that the food for sure must be great!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Moevenpick is located in Europa Centre which was quite close to Ellington Hotel where we were staying. We walked to Moevenpick for dinner. We had fish and icecream and both were very good.
The ambiance of the restaurant was very relaxing.