“Bavaria in Berlin”

Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Good German or rather Bavarian food with an atmosphere of a good German "Bierstube" - always fully booked. Indeed the Wiener Schnitzel" is great. But they do offer seasonal local dishes as well, such as asparagus or Gänsebraten ( goose) .

Thank Wolfgang- Joach... W

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had nothing else than the (real veal based) Wiener Schnitzel and I do have to admit, that these were so far the very best I had ever come across in all Berlin. And I had tried many! You'll be sitting right next to the Lietzensee and there will be plenty of other people, so do not forget to reserve a table (outside as long as weather permits!). Count €25 p.p. Service is nice but a bit slow.

1  Thank HajoL
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We found this place by accident, and it seemed filled with local people. And no wonder, as the traditional German food was so delicious! Amazing salad, schnitzel, and kasekuchen. AND reasonably priced!

1  Thank Lizarts99
Reviewed December 16, 2011

On a Saturday night without a reservation we cajoled them into giving us a table for an hour and half. Thank goodness - we were really hungry and the experience was great. Besides the awesome weiner schnitzl, the vegetarian dishes are excellent, the german wine well-chosen and priced appropriately and the service is sophisticated and very competent. A fitting final meal in Germany for this trip. Thanks!

1  Thank JWBklyn
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Brilliant restaurant, food entirely organic and German/Austrian in style. I have eaten here every time I have visited Berlin and it never fails to delight you. The setting is lovely right next to a beautiful park - really good for post meal strolls - the atmosphere is charming and very relaxed and I can't say enough good things about the service. My best friend in Berlin who loves her Schnitzel, tells me that after a thorough search of many restaurants in the city the one served here - small or large - is the best by far. All the meat dishes I have tired have been delicious and there are vegetarian and fish options too. Go on treat yourself!!

1  Thank MarkClaudia