“This restaurant is a rip off!!!!!”

Edd s Thailandische Spezialiten
Ranked #4,266 of 8,291 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Florence, Italy
“This restaurant is a rip off!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

We went there as, according to the Lonely Planet, it was one of the top eight restaurants in Berlin. What we didn't know is that we were up for a real experience, although a scary one!!!
The place is very average and sloppy, the lady that seemed to be the manager was evidently ill and kept caughing on our table and burping ( I swear she was continuously!). She treated us as if she was doing a favour taking the order too. The food was nothing special except for its price and the overall feeling was that we were ripped off!!!
I have been eating all over the world and I know what Thai food and Thai people are like....They are anything but this.... Avoid this place for your own good!!!!!!
The only positive note was a little smiley man, whom role we ignored, that nicely talked to us for a few minutes and then left.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Claudio T

Sandton, South Africa
“It's in the guidebook - be careful!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

This restaurant featured in my Berlitz guidebook and was fairly close to my hotel. Being a fan of Thai food I decided to take a walk in fairly cold weather conditions to find it. When I got there I was the only person in the restaurant at 7 pm (never a good sign). I made a choice of starter from the menu but it wasn't available. My alternative was good but the main course was only average but damn expensive in my view. After the food was delivered I never saw a waiter or the owner/manager again until I had to wave frantically to get my bill. I couldn't get another glass of wine as the place was absolutely deserted - I guess they were having dinner too!

Overall - average food, shocking service, high prices - I learned my lesson.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank biztripJoburg
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Fragrant, good value Thai dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

My husband and I visited this restaurant while in Berlin recently. We ordered two starters (soup and Thai spring rolls), two mains (duck massaman curry and duck green curry) and one dessert (surprise). Every dish was extremely tasty, made of fresh ingredients and the spiciness built gradually instead of being piled on. The duck was tender and crispy (in fact I couldn't get enough of my main!) and the dessert was sweet without cloying and refreshing.

With a glass of wine and glass of beer the entire meal came to 65 euros which we thought was excellent value. Service was friendly and attentive. We will definitely go back when we visit Berlin again!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Hellojed
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Only Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

Have eaten here as it was within walking distance to our hotel (Marriott) and we wanted an uncomplicated Sunday dinner. As we arrived, we saw on the menu that they did not accept credit cards - major annoyance somewhat common in German restaurants. This means that we had to watch what we ordered as we didn't have a lot of cash on us, and there were no cash machines in the immediate vicinity.

Food was nice, typical Thai fare but far from being anything special. Definitely don't understand the guidebooks raving about this place...

Service was efficient, but smiles were few and far between. The setting was pretty basic, and the place felt very cramped. Prices were on the expensive side for the quality of food and service we have had.

Lapa
“Don't go there if you want real thai taste !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

We still cannot understand why this restaurant got some good reviews.....
The food was neither presented in the typical decorative Thai style nor was it delicious at all. It was tasteless and even the "spicy food" was not spicy (I think we can tell, because we lived 2 yrs in Thailand)
Personnel was not unfriendly but not friendly either.....which is also annoying when looking at the prices.
Is this restaurant also one of the many "tourist rip offs" in Berlin ?

We are sure there are much better Thai restaurants in Berlin than this one.