“Terrible ratio”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed February 13, 2013

On reflection, I write the review.
We were at a restaurant in December, two pairs around 10 pm.
We received a recommendation for the place.
Gorgeous place
Me claiming that there is no room inside, and so they sat us at the entrance to the table without a map.
The waitress was totally impatient.
We've entered Wiener Schnitzel (veal). Dish was the addition of potatoes with ham.
We explained to the waitress that we cant eat this.
The waitress got mad and slammed us guilty we did not check what are the potatoes.
If we want to change the dose that would be Btosst charge.
Shame seeking money on replacing potato schnitzel dose costs 20 euros.
Needless to say there was room inside the restaurant and were simply not interested seat us.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had been in Berlin for a few days for work and the food available during the conference left much to be desired. This restaurant deserves the highest praise for restoring my faith in Germany's ability to cater decently (even though the menu and food are strictly French). The service was immaculate with waiting staff providing just the right amount of attention to my partner and me: they ensured that every want was taken care of (often without having to ask) and that each course proceeded to the next with well known German efficiency. The kitchen lived up to our high expectations as created by the decor and the ambiance of the dining room. We decided to have escargot and french onion soup starters, the sumptuous fillet with side salad, bernaise and pomme frites and the duo of chocolate mousses for the sweet course. I recommend those dishes to anyone and if that is a taste of what the kitchen can produce I would think that any diner would be hard pressed to find anything on the menu that they do not enjoy. Indeed, the delighted looks of the diners around us and the casual nods of approval one could observe as dishes came through from the kitchen are an indication that this is a culinary highlight in Berlin - even if not Germanic at all!

Two points:

1. We ate there as a result of our Welcome Card which is a great tourist access card to discounted transport, food and other activities. Considering the exchange rate of where I come from, the 25% discount off our mains did not hurt at all. Especially considering that we went all out and drank a bottle of wine too. (On a student budget you can appreciate this)

2. The bernaise sauce was something most unusual. Whilst it was buttery goodness that one can expect from a traditional variety, the chef must have added curry to it. The changed sauce was a perfect counter balance to the strong flavours of the meet and the previous courses.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Booked a table for five online, but when we arrived at the restaurant they couldn't find our reservation! Notwithstanding, we were found a good table and subsequently had a very enjoyable evening. All the food we chose, which included lobster soup, Escoffier salad, rump steak, pork cutlet and duck were all excellent. We had to wait a while for our main courses to be served and from what we could understand this was due to a hiccup in the kitchen. We weren't bothered as we were not in a rush and having a good time. The waitress was nevertheless very apologetic. It terms of value for money I believe this restaurant to be a good choice.

1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I went to Dressler on the first night as I landed in Berlin. It was recommended to me by the hotel staff. Since i was tired and alone, ordered only the Mata hari Salad full portion only. The salad came well in time and it was worth every penny.

The food menu is limited and is nice. They have an english menu so that is good for international travellers. The place is classy and facilitates good conversation. So I would recommend you do not choose this place if you are just by yourself as you will be loosing on the ambience. A nice companion would be ideal in such a city and such a place.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Nice art deco inspired place, decent and friendly service but really let down by the food. Menu is short and well balanced and let's you expect a lot, but it would have been best to go with low expectations.
Salads which read as appetizing on the menu look and taste dreadful. We also had torteloni stuffed with white summer truffle - decent but why the flour-based white sauce?
Still if you need a place for a late dinner (until 1am) it is a good place to go