“Simply excellent”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We are widely travelled and this restaurant easily earns its place amongst our favourites.The interior is stunningly beautiful with its Art Deco adornments and beautiful paintings.
The welcome is polite and warm,and the mood is one of gentle sophistication.
We went twice to have dinner and ate dishes of pasta,rice,fish after helping ourselves to a n impressive salad buffet,
The food was cooked to perfection with good subtle sauces of great flavour.The menu is extensive with German,Italian and Greek influences.The wine list is first class and well priced.The G&Ts are to die for with a wide choice of quality gins. A generous drink on the house was always offered.
Situated just 50 mts off Ku'damm this is a restaurant you should not miss out on.It's wonderful.

1  Thank AlanRosie
There are newer reviews for Cassambalis Taverna

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have never eaten something worse in my life.The recipes seem to be Greek but in my opinion they are Germanized Greek menu.I have never eaten anything worse in my life and more disgusting.The restaurant should change the type of the cuisine for sure.Judjing by the name I assume that the owner has a Greek origin but in my opinion his food has nothing to do with Greek cuisine...I am sorry but this is an offense to such a great cuisine as the Greek.

1  Thank stavhel
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This stylish restaurant is adjoined to Heckers Hotel where we has out last dinner on our wonderful trip to Germany. The room was spacious, had a high ceiling. We didnt have a reservation, no problem, and directed to the back alcove which we actually liked very much. Books lined the back wall and will bottles along a side wall, red checked table clothes and lots of art and funky photographs. So it was a cozy atmosphere, the service was great and the food and wine very good. It was pricey but that's what it takes sometimes to have a great memorable last meal of your vacation.

1  Thank mbreck
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was conveniently situated near our hotel The food was good, but very few of the menu choices were actually Greek.

1  Thank David315954
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Walk through the curtain into Cassambalis to discover its wonderful interior, every wall is hung with fantastic paintings. It's beautifully styled with lovely lamps and other artifacts and has a very cozy and welcoming feel. It was incredibly busy the night we went and I do have to say the service was quite slow which spoilt it somewhat.
In the centre of the restaurant is a table filled with appertisers you can help yourself to, all very delicious.
I had a Grilled Silver Bream with Lemon New Potatoes and Wilted Spinach which was all faultless. The short seasoned White Asparagus was also available so we all had that as well.
You absolutely have to go if you can.

1  Thank stargazeypie