“Filthy restaurant with great burgers”
Review of Burgermeister

Burgermeister
Ranked #7 of 8,708 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Whenever I drove past Burgermeister by bike I always saw lots of people eating and waiting in line. So finally I decided to pay it a visit, too. I was lucky since there was nobody in front of me in line. But I had second thoughts if I should stay there, since the interior looked so bland and unappealing. It just is a plastic "wall" protecting two sides of the building against rain with a beam mounted on it that serves as a table. Apparently, the building was a public toilet some decades ago. Also, it is located just in the middle of a four lane road right under the subway line (the subway runs overground on most party of this line).
I was glad I stayed, since both my tofu burger and fries were very good. The fries were very crispy. The tofu burger consisted of a big slice of regular tofu, which is often bland at other places but very tasty here.
Service was ok but not too friendly.
Ketchup and mayonnaise are self service.

1  Thank Marchlewski

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I went here pursy because of what I'd heard about it. I looked it up and here and noticed that it was in the top 20 things to do. If you like a good burger then do go. But, be prepared to wait. The waiting area is overcrowded and uncomfortable. Don't expect to be sitting down to enjoy your burger either. It's always busy which is why its so baffling that they haven't improved the waiting area or even opened up a new shop. Great burgers and well-priced. Once a public toilet, Burgermeister a must do in Berlin for sure.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

If you like burgers, go eat here. They are immense. You will have to wait (we waited about 20 mins at about 1pm on a Thursday) and there are very limited options to sit down. But they are nothing in comparison to the food served. Everything is freshly cooked (hence the wait), delicious and extremely good value. Go visit the Eastside gallery while you're in the area, it's about 5-10 mins walk over the nearby bridge.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

What a place, what a burger - Make sure if you visit berlin, go try this place, have to wait for about 5/10mins as the burger is freshly cooked once you order but the burgers are amazing!!!!!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Definitely one of the best burgers I've tried! Located just under a bridge, opposite a metro stop. Burgers were cheap, only about 4euros for quite a big one! There were vegetarian options too, would try the tofu burger if I ever return. The signature meisterburger was orgasmic, very tender and juicy. Probably the only thing missing was some cheese in the burger, would have been perfect but still a pretty kickass burger.

1  Thank Summer L