“Convenient stay in Berlin's gay quarter”
Review of Tom's Hotel

Tom's Hotel
Ranked #385 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I recently stayed in one of Tom's holiday apartment rentals on Gossowstrasse in the heart of Berlin's gay quarter. We were upgraded from a studio to a comfortable one bedroom apartment. Located a five minute walk from Nollendorfplatz U-bahn station, the flat had wifi, kitchen, living and a nice bedroom. Lots of bars, cafés and breakfast options located minutes from our doorstep on the leafy side streets of the neighbourhood. The sofa covers needed a clean and there were minimal kitchen utensils (not even a bottle opener!), but overall a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank mikeowens
There are newer reviews for Tom's Hotel

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very comfortable hotel located near the metro nollendorfsplatz. Very easy access. Very welcoming staff and helpful. Rooms are basic could do a bit of vacuuming under the bed we found slippers and dust. No tea or coffee facility. Be careful as we booked an apartment and ended up in a room. Good value for money.

Room Tip: Don't book a room near too near above Tom's bar.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ecd3007
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Have stayed a week at Tom`s hotel . Great clean hotel with nice very service minded staff. Great location for visiting Berlin. Free water an apple in the room. We had room 307 with is a big light corner room . Breakfast and our dining we did at restaurant More just 100 meter down the road, Tom`s hotel do not serve breakfast. We just felt really welcome at the restaurant from first time we ate there, and ended up eating all our meal there , great food and very good service. Thank you all at Tom`s hotel and restaurant More for a great week in Berlin.

Room Tip: room 307 is a big light corner room with 3 windows.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have always stayed at the Axel while in Berlin but I think it has gone downhill. While the service is still great, the internet is more than weak, the spa not as clean, and other complaints. After a recommendation, I decided to try an apartment at Tom's and was pleasantly surprised. The room was modern, spacious, and clean. The price was 1/3 of what I paid at Axel and the internet and service was superior. Give it a shot!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank glk16
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at Tom's apartments recently and all I can say is it needs a good clean!

The sheets were stained and there was a damp smell on the bedding.The towels smelt of cheese. The bathroom was unclean and kitchen even worse.

It is also very noisy in the block with the main door being slammed all night long.

Look at the photos. The damp and soiled carpet in the apartment explains the damp smell. The kitchen equipment was a health hazard and the bathroom disgusting.

Generally poor value for money and I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Be aware, the apartments are in a council style block of flats up several flights of stairs
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Lawyer28
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at Tom's Apartment in Gossowstraße 3, which is a part of Tom's Hotel.
The apartment was very nice and I was very happy with the good service. This was a 1-room apartment with combined livingroom and bedroom. The apartment was equipped with a LCD TV with DVD-player, a double bed, three chairs, two tables, a small kitchen and bathroom with a shower.

Although I liked the apartment, I want to point out a few things that wasn't like expected.
This is also the reason why I can only give two points for the room.

- WLAN coverage was horrible. So horrible that I sometimes had to move around in the apartment with my laptop to find any signal at all.

- The hot water in the shower stopped working on saturday night and gave me hot water only 1-2 minutes every half hour.

Except for this, I was very pleased with the apartment and the service level from the staff.
Because of the problems with the shower, it took me long time to take a shower before leaving on Sunday. I could have hot water for 1-2 minutes before everything went back to cold for the next 15-30 minutes, so I had to do a quick showering for 1-2 minutes every half hour. I called the reception, and they came quickly to see if they could help me. Unfortunatley there was nothing they could do. They were fully booked, so they didn't have any other apartment to offer me, but I was very glad that they let me stay in the apartment for as long as I wanted on Sunday with no extra charge.

My job requires me to be available on e-mail even when I'm on vacation, as I often receive important information for the next week during weekends. It's therefore very important that WiFi works 100% during my stay. I liked the apartment, the location and the good service of the staff, but because of the bad WLAN reception I can not stay here again until this issue has been solved. I'm a frequent traveler to Berlin, so as soon as this issue has been solved, I would love to stay at Tom's Apartment again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Stian M
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I've stayed here before and will again this summer 2012. Very clean rooms with free bottled water and fresh fruit. Towel warmers in Bath. Great location in gay area within walking distance to many bars, restaurants. Close to train station 5 min away. Free video rentals from store next door. I enjoy the rooms overlooking the street below to see who's walking by and check out the scene. I wouldn't buy their breakfast deal/pass as I found it limiting and did better on my own. Friendly staff to me. No problem walking in and out in full leather.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms overlooking the street to check out the scene.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo