Tom's Hotel
BB Hotel(Berlin)
Hotel Artim(Berlin)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgay areagreat locationstay there againwifischoneberg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have always stayed at the Axel while in Berlin but I think it has gone downhill. While the service is still great, the internet is more than weak, the spa not as clean, and other complaints. After a recommendation, I decided to try an apartment at Tom's and was pleasantly surprised. The room was modern, spacious, and clean. The price was 1/3 of what I paid at Axel and the internet and service was superior. Give it a shot!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank glk16
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at Tom's apartments recently and all I can say is it needs a good clean!

The sheets were stained and there was a damp smell on the bedding.The towels smelt of cheese. The bathroom was unclean and kitchen even worse.

It is also very noisy in the block with the main door being slammed all night long.

Look at the photos. The damp and soiled carpet in the apartment explains the damp smell. The kitchen equipment was a health hazard and the bathroom disgusting.

Generally poor value for money and I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Be aware, the apartments are in a council style block of flats up several flights of stairs
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Lawyer28
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at Tom's Apartment in Gossowstraße 3, which is a part of Tom's Hotel.
The apartment was very nice and I was very happy with the good service. This was a 1-room apartment with combined livingroom and bedroom. The apartment was equipped with a LCD TV with DVD-player, a double bed, three chairs, two tables, a small kitchen and bathroom with a shower.

Although I liked the apartment, I want to point out a few things that wasn't like expected.
This is also the reason why I can only give two points for the room.

- WLAN coverage was horrible. So horrible that I sometimes had to move around in the apartment with my laptop to find any signal at all.

- The hot water in the shower stopped working on saturday night and gave me hot water only 1-2 minutes every half hour.

Except for this, I was very pleased with the apartment and the service level from the staff.
Because of the problems with the shower, it took me long time to take a shower before leaving on Sunday. I could have hot water for 1-2 minutes before everything went back to cold for the next 15-30 minutes, so I had to do a quick showering for 1-2 minutes every half hour. I called the reception, and they came quickly to see if they could help me. Unfortunatley there was nothing they could do. They were fully booked, so they didn't have any other apartment to offer me, but I was very glad that they let me stay in the apartment for as long as I wanted on Sunday with no extra charge.

My job requires me to be available on e-mail even when I'm on vacation, as I often receive important information for the next week during weekends. It's therefore very important that WiFi works 100% during my stay. I liked the apartment, the location and the good service of the staff, but because of the bad WLAN reception I can not stay here again until this issue has been solved. I'm a frequent traveler to Berlin, so as soon as this issue has been solved, I would love to stay at Tom's Apartment again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Stian M
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I've stayed here before and will again this summer 2012. Very clean rooms with free bottled water and fresh fruit. Towel warmers in Bath. Great location in gay area within walking distance to many bars, restaurants. Close to train station 5 min away. Free video rentals from store next door. I enjoy the rooms overlooking the street below to see who's walking by and check out the scene. I wouldn't buy their breakfast deal/pass as I found it limiting and did better on my own. Friendly staff to me. No problem walking in and out in full leather.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms overlooking the street to check out the scene.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank pezdisney
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Right in the centre of Motzstrasse and near all the attractions of the area. The room was spacious,clean and modern. For the price paid I would definitely recommend .it. My only complaint is that it that you could hear people going up and down the stairs which could be a little annoying if you had a late night.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends