“Great hostel!”

U Inn Berlin Hostel
U Inn Berlin Hostel
Ranked #60 of 358 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed October 3, 2011

A very comfy and homey hostel! It is clean and has comfortable beds! A lovely lounge area with tv and tons of flyers about Berlin (pretty much planned my boyfriend and my trip off of them!) the staff is nothing but nice and accommodating. They speak english which was very helpful. Free wifi as well. Also have computer if you do not have a laptop. Breakfast was a good deal for only 2 euro (cereal and toast) but there are many little bakeries very close by that are delicious too! It is a great location as there are a few shops and many delicious restaurants! Xxl pizza was a favorite :)
The only downside were the showers. Only two for all the girls but the hostel was fully booked while I was there and never ran into crowds. But it did plug up and it was rather uncomfortable to stand in the slowly using dirty water.
But I'd still definitely recommend this hostel!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 6, 2011

the best hostel i have ever stayed...8 nights prove it! If I had to make up a new word for cleanliness that would definitely be u-inn;) the stuff was also very helpfull and although i wasn't crazy about sharing a room with 7 other people (couldn't book anything else by the time I decided to go to Berlin) I must say it was the cosiest place I've ever slept...keep up the good work and hope to visit again soon...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I am surprised no other reviewers have mentioned the fact that this hostel has a total of four showers for 35-odd people. Two each for men and women, all of them on the bottom floor, so if you are on the top floor you have a long walk to get to the shower. Also there are only four toilets in total.

There was always a queue for the women's showers, and my boyfriend said for the men's too, and at times there was a queue of up to three people for the toilet. At one point I was brushing my teeth in the sole basin in the upstairs toilet, and a girl came in and dipper her razor under the tap, started shaving her armpit in the mirror beside me, and then rinsed off the hairs under the tap while I was still standing there brushing my teeth. Okay obviously the girl was raised by wolves, but seriously - they need more bathrooms.

Other than that the hostel was fine. It was cheap, breakfast was good, our room was large, it was on a quiet street in a cool area, but the lack of showers/toilets was a deal-breaker for us and I wish I had known beforehand because we would have booked somewhere else.

Oh and the thing about being an "eco-hostel" seems like a bit of a dubious marketing gimmick to me. As far as I could tell U-Inn didn't do anything that wasn't done at the other hostels we've stayed at around Europe, e.g. recycling, eco light bulbs, etc.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank esthercharlotte
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Great Location, nice staff, very clean, cozy beds, quite - but bars around the corner, direct connection to the airport, fully equipped kitchen, breakfast for 2 euros, dvds, free internet and wifi in the whole house, they cook on fridays free food with guests, drinks fridge, eco hostel, ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2010

We stayed in a double room here over the summer. On arriviing initially I was a bit concerned perhaps it was a bit far away from the city centre and the attractions we were interested in seeing. Quickly realised however that it's actually in a fantastic location surrounded by lots of great bars, restaurants and cafes. Breakfast every morning only cost a few Euros and was fine for our needs. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Fantastic staff, great location , very affordable rates , spotlessly clean. Nothing left to say.
Atmosphere in the hostel was superb during my stay and I met some really interesting people. When I come back this is where I will be staying again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Kool_Mocha
Reviewed October 2, 2010

U Inn Berlin is a bit out of the way of the bigger attractions, but it is near a subway station, I picked this hostel because it was quiet. The owner was there everyday, very nice lady, great staff as well, they offered tips on what to do and where to go on rainy days. The hostel also has a free dinner every Friday, so it gave me an opportunity to meet other people who were in the hostel but were never seen. The hostel was pretty secure, everyone had their own key to get in the front door. I stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm, there were lockers, but you couldn't get your travel bag in there, so the only thing you could store in there were your valuables at night. I just locked my bag to my bed, I didn't ever have a problem with anyone, great first hostel experience. The mornings were a little odd, there was a guy that I now refer to as the screaming german who lived in an apartment across the courtyard, every morning he would yell about something.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo