“Amazing Berlin Monuments out of Chocolate!!!”

Rausch Schokoladenhaus - Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 8,306 Restaurants in Berlin
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: A very warm welcome to the Rausch Schokoladenhaus in Berlin, Germany. The Rausch Schokoladenhaus, located in the Gendarmenmarkt square in Berlin's Mitte district, is completely devoted to enjoyment. Leave all of your cares outside and let yourself be enchanted by the unique world of chocolate. Just step inside.
Kembs, France
“Amazing Berlin Monuments out of Chocolate!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I've went to that impressive place just in front of our Hilton Hotel in Berlin during our short 3 days break around the New Year with my wife. The monuments out of chocolate are not only impressive but the chocolate smell inside the shop is just so tempting...

Visited December 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Chocolate Hit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Hubby and I visited Berlin in mid December and having read the reviews had to pay this establishment a visit. The shop floor was chocolate heaven and I didnt know where to start! Brandenburg Gate was amongst one of the fabulous chocolate creations! I ended up buying chocolate as well as a couple of Christmas ornaments. We managed to get a table at the restaurant above where the service was efficient although the staff seemed somewhat rushed. Understandable as it was very busy. The hot chocolate was divine but despite being a chocolate lover, both hubby and I found the cakes very very rich and sickly. If you're hoping to try small slices of various cakes then you'll be disappointed. Overall, I wouldn't go out of my way to visit again but should I be passing by then I'd certainly drop in for a hot chocolate.

• Visited December 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“You. Must. Go.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

The famous Fassbender & Rausch chocolate shop was one of the highlights of mine and my partners Christmas trip to Berlin.

I am a Chocolate Addict! We are talking about Chocolate that puts Hotel Chocolat to shame, and at really incredibly cheap prices, it's the place to be.
They also have a cafe with amazing cakes and drinks which we went to which was surprisingly quiet at the time we went. You. Must. Go.

PS: I do agree with below comments regarding the staff. They also left me and my boyfriend stood waiting at the front for 10 minutes waiting to be seated. When I asked a staff member he said just sit anywhere, then, never came to us for another 20 minutes to be served. My boyfriend stood up and went to the counter which have cakes displayed where the lady said it is service at the table only! After that the man who told us to sit anywhere came over and took our order. Very rude indeed I think they need to remind themselves what position they work, no offense. Don't let this put you off though. The chocolate, hot drinks and cakes are delicious!

• Visited January 2014
Katerini, Greece
“Just great :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Basically this is more of a tourist attraction rather a restaurant and you need to visit just to see all the great things made of chocolate, buy some chocolates and if you like, have a cup of hot chocolate in the cafe upstairs :)

If you are fun of chocolate, you can't miss this place!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Zoroklou
Melbourne, Australia
“Best chocolates ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

This shop was right near our hotel and every time we walked past it had a lot of people in it. The chocolates were delicious and the range was extensive. We took some of the chocolates home and they were very popular. The displays were incredible and well worth taking a photo of them. We did not get to the café/restaurant but it seemed very popular. The chocolates were not expensive and well packaged for travel.

• Visited November 2013