Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre-West
$98
$81
Agoda.com
1,183 results
All reviewsice machinecomplimentary breakfastzoo stationboiled eggskadewe department storeberlin city centreshort walknice hotelbus stopvietnamese restaurantnon smokingcold meatsu bahn stationstayed here for nightsbreakfast roomclean roomsbrandenburg gate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2014

First time I stayed in this hotel was in summer 2010, my husband and I loved everything about it,except the mosquitoes bites we got, but it was probably due to the hot summer days. Last January I had another chance to visit Berlin again, and I had nothing else in mind of where should I stay except HIE Berlin City Centre West. I booked through their website to started collecting my points. It's still reasonable price and I was sure what to expect, good clean room with spotless bathroom, coffee/tea making facility, comfortable bed, no mosquitoes this time ;), breakfast included, good location that I feel familiar with. WiFi was still not free like in most hotels I stayed during this trip, but 5 euros for 24 hours internet connection was fine with me. A staff helped me book a taxi to the main train station early in the morning. I checked out before the restaurant open for breakfast, the staff at the reception offered me hot tea and croissant if I want but unfortunately the taxi had arrived to pick me up.

Room Tip: I think it doesn't matter which room you are in, so far I enjoyed my stay in both twin and double room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank DenLilleHavrue
BERCW, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre-West, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear DenLilleHavrne,

we are honored that we could be your host again.
Thank you very very much- and remember: all good things come in threes!

Ilka Artigas
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Super clean, great breakfast and friendly staff.

The only negative point is the lack of any decent english language TV station.
Also the room I stayed in had a door into the adjacent room which I didn't like

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ldeayton

Dear Ideayton,

thank you for your comment here on Tripadvisor,
Let us know when we may be your host again and we'll block a room that will be best for your needs and preferences!

With warm Regards
Ilka Artigas
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed January 5, 2014

It was a good decision we stayed there. Location is great, there's bus and Subway close to it, hotel is comfortable, room was clean, breakfast is alright, we slept tight, although next time we're going to reserve a bigger room with a bigger bed. Personal is friendly.
We went for a city trip, so we found here everything we needed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pataswiss
BERCW, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin City Centre-West, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Pataswiss,

thank you very much for your comment.
We are glad that you had a good time by exploring Germany's Capital.
I'm sure you came home with a lot of impressions and hope that we may host you again for your next trip.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went to Berlin for 4 days for my birthday around Easter time. We wanted something fairly cheap and cheerful and got more than we bargained for with this hotel. Location was great - a 5 min walk into the busy shopping area of the city and 10 min walk to the train station (passing the zoo on the way!). There was so much to do in the city, we were constantly busy! Probably the best city break we've had and the cheapest and we were really impressed with this hotel for the price we paid. Staff were friendly, there was a quiet bar downstairs for an evening drink before heading out - drinks were expensive there but are in all hotels. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Liverpoollayd_23,

It sounds like you had a wonderful time and received excellent service in our hotel. Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed 18-22 Dec for the Christmas Markets. Easy to get to from Schönefeld Airport using the airport express train to Zoologischer Garten (€3.50 ish per person) and then a €6 taxi to the hotel. Tax I direct from airport would cost approx. €40.

Staff always friendly and happy to help with any questions we had.

Room was small but had everything we need - the room was like new.

The hotel has a few restaurants on the street and a Netto minimart to buy water etc. We only had a couple of pizzas which were good from Hallo Pizza on the corner so cannot comment on the restaurants

The hotel is a 5-10 min walk to the nearest underground which itself is on a busy shopping street inc KaDeWe department store. You can walk from the KaDeWe through Christmas markets/shops all the way to the next bigger station (Zoologischer Garten).

Public transport is cheap and efficient (trains were usually early and never late) and all landmarks are next to a station.

Complimentary breakfast was more than satisfactory - croissants, cereals, toast, fruit, cold meats, different drinks etc.

Berlin is a great place to visit especially at Christmas - highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geek_Squad15

Dear Greek_Squad15,

thank you for your lovely words here on Tripadvisor.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences while you were staying with us.
We are so glad that we lived up to your expectations.

The team and I hope to welcome you again.

Sincere regards