“we liked it a lot!”

Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Switzerland
“we liked it a lot!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

cozy, very good value, good food. Love it! We stayed in the Best Western just across the street (by the way also very good) and were looking for a nice quiet cozy place to spend the evening. After dinner, we were also offered a drink on the house :)

Manchester
“Great food, shame about the service.....”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have never been to Eastern Europe and was still a relative youngster when the wall fell, but I imagine the service we received here in this restaurant was simialr to that recieved by Commie era patrons of state sponsored canteens. The staff barely made eye contact, didn't speak and ignored most of our attempts to get food or drink......However when we did finally engage with them and win them over with our dazzling repartee and sparkling smiles, the food was really excellent. The pizzas were beautiful and huge and obviously came out of a proper pizza oven and the pork in gorgonzola sauce, wow!! It's a decent place to eat pretty authentic Italian, but take the lemon out of the waitresses mouth and it would be far pleasanter an experience....

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Howellsey
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“Incredible Pizza”
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Marvelous Pizza! A must. If you are near, give it a try.
Fair prices and really good food!

We had Pizza and Ravioli. Both was made fresh, and you can watch the cooks while preparing your food.

Service was kind and speaking German, English and Italian.

We went here because of some tips in "Around me" on the iPhone and there was nothing to complain about.

“Cosy. Delicious. A place to return to.”
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I was recommended this restaurant by a colleague - and I am still thankful to him for sharing because they serve amazing pastas there as well as a generous glass of juice (300 ml), and the overall experience is a pleasure every time I happen to get there.
The staff is very kind, friendly and most attentive (I believe this to be a family business, though I am not sure) - they make you feel special. (I was completely dumbstruck, when a waiter recognized me after one year and a half that had passed since my previous visit to Berlin.)
The food is rich, the menu is long, the location is convenient.
P.S. By the way, I would also recommend to taste their bruschetta.

• Visited July 2010
Home Counties
“Best Italian pizzeria in the world!”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

My wife and I have known this restaurant since 1970 when their pizzas were a favourite with the British Forces - they were good quality traditional Italian ones the size of wagon wheels. Forty years on (over fifteen since the departure of the Brits), and with an apparent change of ownership or two, it is still the best Italian restaurant we have ever encountered, our last visit being in 2007. Their food is second to none, and there is nothing better to wash it down with than a bottle or three of their house red Lambrusco. Nino and Pedro are superb Italian hosts.

Long may it prosper!