“rude and disrespectful bouncer”

Club der Visionaere
Ranked #1,345 of 9,958 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Alt-Treptow
Reviewed December 5, 2018

i was visiting Berlin with my girlfriend and heard about this place. we decided to visit and after an hour of waiting in line we were turned away for no obvious reason. When we asked why they said my girlfriend was not up to their "standards". My girlfriend is only slightly chubby and incredibly sensitive. My girlfriend was in tears. SHAME ON YOU! A place that treats people like this should not be open for business . THANKS FOR RUINING OUR NIGHT!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank psmith95

Reviewed December 5, 2018

Can't really comment about what this place is like inside or how good the food, drinks are because I got rejected on two separate occasions. Long story short, on the first time my friend and I were rudely rejected and not given any reason why were declined. We could only guess that possibly they could smell alcohol on our breath (had 2 beers at dinner each) or overdressed (wearing a long sleeve shirt with a collar) after dinner. Apparently being dressed too well is a thing in Berlin?

Normally we would have cut our losses and never though twice about returning to a business that treats its customers with such contempt, but on the advice of another friend we regrettably decided to give this place a second chance a few days later. Our return appearance to Club Der Visionaire featured two young travellers, stone cold sober and dressed in jeans and a t-shirt to gain access to such a fine establishment. I might have been living out Groundhog Day because we got denied entry in the same rude, dismissive obnoxious manner for a second time. After polite enquiry as to the reason for denying my friend and I entry, the simple response was given by the senior bouncer who was a tall, skinny and angry gentleman of Aryan appearance saying "We do not want your kind here".
Reading some of the other posts here it has become apparent that there is a clear racist judging criteria for who is allowed entry to this joint. Honestly don't know how a business can survive in this day with discriminatory and racist entry criteria as well as having intolerant and rude staff. YOU GUYS ABSOLUTELY SUCK! YOUR BOUNCERS SUCK TOO!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank PStein88
Reviewed November 28, 2018

My friend and I were recommended this place by another friend as a must see in Belrin. We were denied entry by the rude bouncer. He did not give us a reason just said it was not possilbe. We attempted the following night and again were rejected. This time we asked as to why and were simply told they have certain "standards." As we turned to leave i overheard the words "jeuden" (jew in english) being muttered. I strongly belive there is some racial agenda. Really dissapointing. SERIOSULY AVOID THIS PLACE!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Jkoffman_90
Reviewed October 7, 2018

I loved the hype and the atmosphere. Outdoor club is wonderful especially without all the smoke in regular clubs. The entrance was super cheap but I didn't order a drink nor eat. Just hung around and listened to music. The bathroom was in terrible condition. The vibe was overall pretty cool and the clientele were not young. Mid 30's to Mid 50's.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank HAN3_12
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

We were walking on the area and ended up there, thanks to a sign that was outside about Pizza!
- We clarify with the bouncer that we only wanted dinner. (Still we had to paid)
- The music was horrible; only Electronic music that sounded the same with absolutely no lyrics. (we were there for almost two hours on a Saturday night)
- The facilities were not clean.
- The drinks overpriced; and I only bought a Coke €3.
- Cover fee €5 seriously!
The Pizza guy was a total unhappy employee. He was a little bit rude.
+ Paid for the Diavolo pizza €9 worth it!
Even though the price said €8 the guy charge me €9. So I decided not to tip.
+ The place was full of people from different countries!
- My friend adviced me about a sign on the wall about forbidding photography.
Cons and pros.
I'm not visiting again this place. There's better places in Berlin with good music in better food.

Date of visit: September 2018