“Great Egyptian”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great Egyptian Atmosphere with belly dancing on friday and saturday (21.30). We were there with larger group and almost everybody took their special offer 16 small portions for sharing min for 4 person, price 28€/pers. It was not mentioned in all English menus, but ask it, superb good experience. Real good belly dancing show. Frienly service, but our waitres was not totally understanding our orders and base maths skills were missing...

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Lovely fresh food & service with a smile
Meals were very good sizes & reasonably priced
They even had English menus, which we hadn't encountered at many places so far
We made the mistake of sitting outside when the interior decor was just fantastic

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We ate here as it was quite late in the evening and this place was very close to our hotel.
The service was OK. Staff were attentive enough but not particularly friendly.
The food was pretty good. I had the lentil soup which was delicious and filling. The bread was also very nice. The chicken was forgettable but still tasty.

I enjoyed the outdoor seating and general atmosphere. Drinks were a bit pricey, but I thought the food was moderately priced, depending on what you ordered.
I don't know if I would eat there again. I liked the style of food but would want to find something cheaper and more relaxed.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Marooush is an Egyptian joint in the heart of the hotel-infested Kurfürstendamm area. It offers Egyptian food, belly dancing, shisha, a cocktail bar, and pretty much everything you need to spend a fun evening. It is a touch on the pricey side though, so you might want to look out for that. You can knock off some of the price using your Berlin WelcomeCard, just remember to bring the book.

I sat in one of the tables by the street because the weather was just too hot for any kind of indoor dining. The downside to this are the street musicians who roam the district. As long as you are fine with off-kilter accordion jamming, this might be a good thing, but not everyone will appreciate it.

I started my meal with some stuffed dates which were just to die for. The richness may be an issue for some, but for me they were perfect. The main course, which was lamb Egyptian style, was rather muttonish though, and left something to be desired. I found the spices uninspired, and the meat to be rather average.

I just dropped in for the meal, but could see the potential of Marooush. With its shisha lounge and cocktails, it can make for a rather fine place to hang out with friends. The service is acceptable, and the decor inside is rather atmospheric. There is also that belly dancing on the weekends.

Still, as my experience consisted just of the food, I will have to give this one an average grade. Minus points for having the English menus on plain pieces of copied paper, which clashed with the otherwise classy presentation. At least laminate those things, seriously.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a delicious dinner in the Marooush. We were eight people and everybody took a different dish and no one complained about anything regarding the food.

Also the Shisha afterwards was very nice. It was only a little bit hot in the smokers lounge even we were sitting close to the windows but it was one of the hottest days of the year so I guess it should normally be ok.