“Nice food, but pricey”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Description: The Sorriso is a long-established restaurant on Berlin's Kurfürstendamm. The décor is lavish. In fine weather you can sit out on the terrace and enjoy the water garden and amphorae. There is plenty to look at inside the restaurant with wall paintings, paraphernalia and an impressive wine cabinet. The wine comes at the right temperature. The cuisine is fresh and authentic and is popular with tourists and aficionados of Italian food. If you have a sweet tooth why not try the chocolate soufflé with parfait of honey. The staff strive to give the guests a real treat. The chef can also come and cook in your home.
Cardiff
“Nice food, but pricey”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Four of us visited when on a short city break. The service was good, and the place seemed very popular, it was packed on a midweek evening. Food was very good indeed, fish soup was excellent, and the pasta dishes we had were very good too. One downside was the minestrone soup, as mentioned in other reviews. It looked just like cabbage boiled in water, and tasted of very little, not at all like the usual Italian minestrone. Also, no good value house wine on offer, a carafe was Eu28, which was very pricey, the cheapest bottle was around the same. Overall, a pleasant evening, but at a price. The following night we all ate at another Italian nearby, and had food and wine equally as good, but for 2 thirds of the price

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Garandjaninvan

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malta
“Pretentous staff”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The food was ok, but nothing special to write home about.
The staff were very pretentous.
One of the more expensive restaurants we went to.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Foodievalletta
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Italian taste ever ate”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Unforgettable pasta experience..best quality of pasta I ever ate ( I ate a lot of pasta in different countries including Italy). Excellent service, very tast food, mainly fish and pasta. The tomato soup with orange wad delicious

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Suzet J
Prague - Czech Republic
“Nice atmosphere, little pricey”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Me and my friend we had a chance to eat there the last week of October 2012.
The place, the interior and decor is very nice. I would say that it looks too posh or in other words when I came in, I expected something more.

Everyone was wearing a formal clothes so we felt bad in our denims. The restaurant has many places to sit and it was almost full on Friday evening.
Choice of the food was nice, taste was good as well but I expected fresh homemade pasta. We had 2 kinds of soups as starters, both were nice. Both pasta as main dish tasted great but it can be homemade pasta for this price. I had frutti di mare spaghetti and this meal really deserves fresh pasta.

Anyway the evening was nice, we received some veal patté as a pre-starter or couvert, it was free.
Unfortunatelly I would probably try some other italian restaurants in the future, as I think I can get better pasta for 20 - 25 euros.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank adelka5
Surrey
“Not an Italian restaurant like the usual back in the UK, overly posh menu for my taste, and food wasn't great.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Like some other reviews have said, the menu had little on it you would associate with a UK Italian 'chain' restaurant - so it gives the impression it's trying to be posh - but sadly, the food didn't taste that good either. They also insisted I bought off the specials menu, even though the same meal was cheaper and available in the normal menu. Disappointing.