“Authentic Thai Cuisine: A MUST”
Review of Sisaket - MOVED

Sisaket
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: Original Thai cuisine
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sisaket is probably the best Thai restaurant in Berlin. The restaurant is on the fancy side for a Thai restaurant but that’s what makes it so authentic. The food has excellent presentation and the décor of the restaurant has an authentic feel with the servers wearing Thai dresses. It reminds me of some of the fancy Thai restaurants I went to in Thailand. The ambience of the restaurant transports you back to Bangkok…that’s pretty neat!

For appetizers, the papaya salad is so flavorful, spicy and tasty. It is light and delightful. The portion size is small since it is served gourmet style. It serves two at most.

For dinner, the basil-fried rice with tofu is not on the menu but they were able to make it for us. This rice has a nice authentic flavor and had very little salt and oil. It tastes so healthy. Yes, healthy Asian food exists indeed! And this restaurant does not use MSG.

The Thai red curry is another great selection. I only had the opportunity to visit once during my stay in Berlin but if I ever visit Berlin again I will most certainly be back here so I can try more dishes. I am sure they are all amazing.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here after touring the checkpoint charlie museum. It was a perfect break from the heavy German food we have been eating on this trip. Great vegetables, spices to your liking, and amazing garnishments made it all a wonderful break.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

A soothing place with friendly and attentive staff. Food is excellent, both in taste and portion. They have open till 11:30 pm on saturday. Thanks for saving our dinner that day!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Gem of a restaurant, just around the corner from the tourist bustle at Checkpoint Charlie. Tasty, fresh, Thai cuisine served by charming staff in elegant surroundings for a reasonable price. There is also an inner courtyard, where you may enjoy al fresco dining without the noise of city traffic. I highly recommend this restaurant for a relaxed evening in Berlin.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our visit, followed TripAdvisor recommendations. Fairly quiet on a midweek night, didn't need to book. Nice table outside, great choice of food, very well presented. Will go back