Tripadvisor

Reviewed November 6, 2018
rachietown
Leeds, United Kingdom
Unusual tipple

This is a quaint shop and bar. Don't expect a luxurious sit down experience. This is a small shop... read more

Reviewed October 3, 2017

from $85.00
More Info
from $314.48
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2019 via mobile

This is a very special place. Definitely a good specialty seller for absinthe, and a spectacular old-fashioned store.
There are a few tables where you can try absinthe, for reasonable prices. The home brand is great, but of course you can explore many varieties.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed November 17, 2018

Called in for a little tipple, an amazing little bar with all the unusual Absinthes, but tainted by the arrogant bartender and I asked to go the loo, was told there isn't one.
Weird, but once was enough for us.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

A gorgeous little shop and bar which has around 300 different types of absinthe. The store is beautiful, really like stepping back in time. There is a menu to choose from and the attendant can talk you through your choice if needed.

My friends and I all got a glass of Serpis dry absinthe and perched outside the storefront to drink it, a fantastic experience.

Be aware that the store has very limited seating so you will most likely have to stand. Also there is no toilet so plan to go somewhere else after your absinthe!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Excited to visit this shop / bar. We saved some (limited) room in suitcase for a bottle to bring with us. Approached the bar on foot and there was an older guy smoking outside the place. Immediately got a weird vibe from the way he looked at us and looked away (arrogant).

Walked in, quaint shop - menu on counter - started browsing and the same older guy walked in, stood behind the counter and just stared at us.

I said 'hey, how are you' - no response...

The menu was a little confusing - maybe 25 types of absinthe you could choose from for a shot, with / without anise, mint, sweet or not... I wanted something a bit sweeter for my GF and I was looking for a glass that was more old school authentic.

I asked the guy if he could recommend something good.. he replied (like a jerk) that of course everything was good or he wouldn't have it on the menu.. I clarified if he could suggest something we could start with, seeing as he deals with people coming in everyday buying absinthe, what was popular or what would he recommend? Again he gave us a look like we were crap on his shoe and said 'what?! no, i can't recommend anything there are too many' - and just stood there staring at us.

Crap service, we walked out.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank blackrice
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

Was recommended by a friend to visit and it was an amazing experience. The owner was very friendly and helped us with our Absinth selection.

Date of experience: February 2018