“Best burger + Steak we have had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bird

The Bird
Ranked #85 of 8,291 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Description: The Bird is a New York style bar and steakhouse, serving undoubtedly Berlin's best steaks and burgers as well as some other stuff.Sauces, dressings, everything is made fresh daily from scratch.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Best burger + Steak we have had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We had to book a few days in advance to be sure of a table so, we would recommend booking as soon as possible. You can go on the off chance and try and get a seat at the bar, but it's usually extremely busy! The food here was amazing, i had a burger with chilli cheese fries, my girlfriend had the flank steak which was cooked to perfection. Was also had the chicken wings to start. We thought the price was reasonable considering i had a litre of beer and my other half had a glass of wine, the bill was ?52. I wish we had went earlier in the week so we could have gone again!

1 Thank Colin M

• Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
“The Bird = Burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

One of the best customer service experiences i've ever had, not to mention the lovely food. I had booked in advance of our trip (i recommend doing this as its very popular especially on weekends), however we got a little lost on our way and turned up half an hour late. Unfortunately they'd just given away our table when we arrived, only our own fault so we got in some drinks and took a pew outside to wait. The very friendly hostess (with the lip piercing) spoke with her manager and a few minutes later they managed to stick us on another table with the caviat that we vacate that table for the next booking which wasn't a problem. All the wait staff were extremely friendly and helpful and speedy with the drinks service even though the place was packed. The burger were so tasty and cooked to perfection. Also have to make note of the awesome music choices playing throughout the night. I would recommend everyone to visit at least once during your stay in Berlin. I feel like i want to go back just to go to the Bird!

1 Thank eyelinerlover
Aarhus, Denmark
“Best burger i've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We celebrated a family birthday there and we were not disappointed!
the burgers were delicious, more than 10 different kinds to choose from.
i wound recommend "the birdhouse burger", greasy and amazing!
the staff is very helpful, and there are many special beers to go with your burger.
the atmosphere was great, and the placed was packed. the burgers came shortly after we ordered.
I'll go there again next time I come back to Berlin!

Poole, United Kingdom
“Burgers to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Excellent American style up market steak and premium burger joint. Over on business, one of my colleagues booked this over 10 days ahead for a Wednesday night. I was the only member of the ten strong party who hadn't been there before, the service was excellent, all of the food came together and they got nothing wrong. I had their classic burger cooked rare and it was sublime. Once we finished there didn't appear to be any move to rush us out of the restaurant. I can't fault it. Beware they won't cook anything 'well done'; they say their beef is too good to burn to a cinder and I personally couldn't agree more. Can't remember if they have o/s heating

Ascot, United Kingdom
“Great food, great personality - Go for it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I love this place, so much so that when I returned to Berlin this year, I dragged 2 seperate groups of people there just to make them try it!

The place is relaxed and the staff are all fantastically friendly and helpful. The interior is great, with quirky stuff on all the walls from various different places (including a backwards clock, for example).

The burgers are exemplary, you can't go there and have a salad (although they do offer them, you'd be crazy to miss out on the burgers!)... The menu and little notes about the place have their own personality e.g. the reference on how to have your meat cooked which starts off well under "rare" but under "well done" progresses to "well done, you have just destroyed a piece of nature and the chef hates you". Not many places could get away with this sarcasm, but it is more than backed up by their superb food.

This time, we also decided to try dessert (which may or may not be available, dpending on how busy they are/have been) and had the most heavenly cheesecake I've ever tasted.

It's brilliant value for money with the whacking portions you get! Only thing to note - they only accept cash and I would strongly advise booking as we got the last table left on a Weds night when booking the week before!!

In short - DO IT!! :)