WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Bird

The Bird
Ranked #81 of 8,000 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Description: The Bird is a New York style bar and steakhouse, serving undoubtedly Berlin's best steaks and burgers as well as some other stuff.Sauces, dressings, everything is made fresh daily from scratch.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top burger joint!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Awesome burgers! I recommend the filthy Harry or the breakfast burger. We had to sit at the bar because it was so busy, so I would say try and book a table before going.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Bad organizational skills, amazing burger.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

At first i found this on trip advisor as i was in Berlin for a few days, all the reviews were great, after trying to call a few times, no answer then finally I found and email on their site i could make a reservation. after going back for 5 emails, I got a response from another person asking me for what time, they obviously don't know how to use emails as they could have easily seen the past correspondence between me and the previous person, finally after i asked for the 12th time if it was possible, I never received an answer anymore, I was livid. The next day I attended a concert at the max schmelling halle which is right outside, after the show we went there to ask if my girlfriend could use the bathroom, to which they kindly said yes, While I was waiting for her to return the lady at the door told me if i wanted to they could seat us. Fast forward 20 minutes, our burgers came, I got the "da birdhouse" burger, I took a bite and what could be described as heaven was in my mouth at that moment, I have tasted hundreds of different burgers but nothing like this, lets say it was perfection not only in the world of burgers but in the world of food, it was a perfect conbination of everything. I had zero issues with the staff and they were all nice and delightful and even called us a taxi after because it got late and the ubahn had closed service.

The only small complaint I have are the fries were cooked a bit too much and tasted slightly on the burned side, but the hamburger was way over perfection as food comes.

I will for sure be back next time in Berlin, thanks!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“My dream burger joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Adored this place! You just need to go! The ultimate greasy burger experience; just perfect in every aspect ! LOVE this place.

• Visited November 2013
“Tremendously awesome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Are you starved? Try the Bird. Enormous amount of delicious food.
Forget [--] like mc Donalds, and Burger King. If you have 10 euro, buy something there.
Protip : The place is always plenty of people.

“Best burger I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We went there for halloween, and being an authentic american joint they obviously threw a costume party. Got good service even though we didn't dress the part, and the food was just amazing. I've never had a burger even in the same league. So much taste! The Birdhouse is just the ultimate greasy burger. Some people don't like the english muffin as buns, but we both found it excellent. Order the chili cheese fries, and don't forget the beer!

Visited October 2013