“Best burger I've ever had!”
Review of The Bird

The Bird
Ranked #110 of 8,994 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Description: The Bird is a New York style bar and steakhouse, serving undoubtedly Berlin's best steaks and burgers as well as some other stuff.Sauces, dressings, everything is made fresh daily from scratch.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I made a reservation almost a month in advance due to reading previous reviews that this place gets very busy. When we arrived it actually wasn't too busy at all (we went on a Sunday). They asked us if we wanted to get a drink and sit outside for a few mins until our table was ready which we did and they called us about 5 mins later.

Burgers were fantastic! It's actually the best burger I think I've ever had and you could tell the meat was top quality! service was very quick. They also ask how you like your burger/steak cooked and me and my bf both chose rare and that is exactly what came. They do recommend you choose medium rare but you can have it any which way you desire!.

I was really hesitant about eating a burger in an English muffin, but it actually worked very well for me. I ordered the Bronx which had marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese on top so the bun soaked in all the sauce and it was bloody delicious! Boyfriend had the stingy gonzalez which I will post a picture of :)

Chips were a novelty to me because in the UK nowhere really does skin on fries. The fries were good but could have been crispier as they were a little soggy. I shouldn't complain because really you are there to try the meat not the fries.

I will be back at the bird again and it does need to be done at least once when in Berlin. :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,872)

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I go to The Bird almost every 2 months, the food there is great. It may be loud and hot and narrow but we don't care. The meat for the Burgers is excellent, the staff is very friendly, the fries are great, I just love it! I'd recommend to book as early as you can, it's always packed.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked a table for 2 at the bird on an evening in early September. It was not as busy as expected but the atmosphere was still great, and it filled up later on. The staff were really welcoming and friendly.
I ordered the Patty Melt, which came in lovely rye bread, with american cheese, swiss cheese, and the tastiest onions. The burger was so juicy and tasty, and I'm not even the biggest meat fan. But this could have turned me! Still thinking about it days later. The massive portion of chips that came with the burger were really tasty, a bit salty at times, but still so good.
My boyfriend had the Breakfast Burger which came with bacon and a fried egg. He really enjoyed it. We both polished off the whole plate. We probably didn't need to, but it was hard to stop when it tasted so good!
Only one complaint, there was no diet coke. However there probably wasn't much point ordering the diet option whilst eating that beast of a meal.
After spotting this place on trip advisor I was really excited to go and it did not disappoint at all. It was a great relaxed environment with great food.
Shall I lick their bums anymore? hahaha

Reviewed September 3, 2013

there were the fantastic burgers and amazing steaks! Best i ever ate. also there is friendly and comfortable atmosphere and great choice of beer. everyone have to add this place in your own to visit list.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent food.Rock atmosphere.The music was rather loud for my parents taste but i liked it. Need to book a table and if you are a party of 11 u will be crowded.It's better for 4 to 6 persons. I'm still dreaming their cheesecake!!!!