“A hidden gem”

Ranked #1,488 of 9,108 Restaurants in Berlin
Neighborhood: Mitte
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Tucked away a street over from Friedrichstrasse this salumeria is the real deal. The pumpkin cream soup was flavoured with ginger and my companion loved it. I had the pumpkin gnocchi in brown butter sage sauce and it was fantastic. Served with fresh parmesan, chopped tomatoes, sweet onion and paired with a rose, it was a perfect lunch. Easily top five gnocchi I've had. I have a feeling you could order anything from this menu and not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Try the vitello tonnato and you'll thank me. All the pasta we ever tried has been nice and my advice is to ask for dishes on the weekly menu, they're freshest. It does not compare to any of the countless turist restaurants close-by and it rarely dissapoints. A simple pleasure in Mitte.

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Tasty Italian food with a good wine list, great ambience and friendly service. Takeaway available too. Will visit again.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The area around Friedrichsstrasse is packed with tourist restaurants with no charm or originality. I found Culinario very different and a pleasent visit on a sidewalk in a nice area, where you can sit outside and enjoy the street life.

From the outside, it looks like a simple cafe, but when you go in, it looks more than an Italian grocery.

Ate lunch, great tasting pasta - and a very effective staff serving the guests. I would go there any time again - for taste and atmosphere.

Reviewed June 29, 2009

I just went here in the evening, on the terrace. The pasta is delicious and the rest which I did not try seems good also. Nicely located in Berlin-Mitte, nice crowd around also.