New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Fischers Fritz
Ranked #211 of 8,000 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: French, Seafood, European, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: As a Michelin 2-star gourmet restaurant, Fischers Fritz is a unique venue in Berlin. On the culinary front, Fischers Fritz offers a distinctive and modern approach to French cuisine with its selection of exquisite fish and seafood delicacies. Simple yet perfect creations and the high quality of fresh ingredients have made this gourmet restaurant at the Regent Berlin a place of pilgrimage for people who enjoy fine food. The elegant surroundings of the restaurant mean that your unique experience of this superb food will be all the more intense.
Dublin, Ireland
“Superb but don't charge me €10 for a bottle of water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a superb restaurant located in the Regent Hotel in the centre of Berlin. The restaurant has a wonderful ambience with wood paneling and top notch helpful service especially the somalier from New Zealand - Mr Connors. You can opt for 4, 5, 6 course set menus or opt for a La carte at much higher costs per unit. We opted for 4 and 5 course set menus and were not disappointed. The food is expertely prepared, presented, seasoned and balanced and you can view sample menus on line to see if it suits your taste. The 5 course set menu for eaample is €150 per head but my partner opted for the four course by dropping the cheese course. Helpings are completely adequate and well timed so that you get a cahnce to relax between corses, though if you are in a rush don't come here! On the negative side we both opted for the John Dory and while one was cooked to perfection the second one was decidely underdone and therfore raw and tough in the middle, we mentioned it at the time and I didnt really want to make an issue but at this price, please make sure to get it right. That said all the other food was superb. Only other critique was that the charge for water at €10 / bottle on the bill is exorbitant and really over the top. Please change this practice and leave no room for a negative comment.

would I return, yes, but it is a speacil occasion place. Enjoy

2 Thank B_Dublin

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Do the lunch!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

A number of people have commented on the quality of the lunch and I couldn't agree more. With two stars you would expect something special and you get it. Add the wine flight to the lunch as this takes it to another level, it is really worth it and the meal will still you cost under 100 euro per person (quite a bit under, I think we paid 80 Euro pp). Try the bourride of Gurnard and the pudding of passion fruit (not together of course). I'm not a sweet person but the pudding with the dessert wine was possibly the best dish I have ever had and I have had many.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chris G
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals we've ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

2 Michelin Stars - 47 euro lunch menu an absolute steal. 3 courses but really 5 if you include the amuse bouches. Top end restaurants vary dramatically in style - there is a lot of classic French influence on this menu which suits me down to a t. The waiting staff were superb - very attentive & polite - not stuffy at all. Loved it & can't wait for a return visit. Oh & the home made breads were a revelation.

1 Thank John H
Beaverton
“Average food for a michelin-starred restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was so excited and looking forward to this meal but it came up short in a few ways. Let me start with the positives first.... I enjoyed the amouse bouches they were quite good as well as the bread. The sweet course before the actual dessert was quite delicious too- mango and fennel. The part that I thought was quite average was the service. Although sometimes attentive, the service had a air of coldness and a disconnection with what we actually needed, lFor example, over-pouring water unnecessarily, waiting too long between courses and then the 30 minutes at the end before getting the bill was too much after such a long dinner. We were almost asleep at the end with our heads close to the table- close to taking a nap. The various courses that we actually ordered didn't stand out too much and there was nothing I would want to go back for. This is a disappointment since it costs so much and the time investment was high, I suppose I expected to be wowed but instead walked away with an average dinning experience and a memory of some uncomfortable delays.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MA1900
RegentBerlin, Manager at Fischers Fritz, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear MA1900,

thank you very much for your review here on TripAdvisor. It is always important for us to receive criticism and praise.

Unfortunately it is with great regret that you did not experience the wow effect you have been expecting. We take your comments very serious and have already discussed them with the entire team. Please be assured that the negative mentioned issues are not our standard at all. Anyways we would like to say again thank you for your candor.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you again someday for convincing you of our high level of service and food.

With best regards from Berlin,

Your team of the restaurant "Fischers Fritz"
Fife , Scotland
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

One of the best meals I have ever eaten . This restaurant has not problem proving it Michelin starred rating . It was also one of the most expensive meals I have ever eaten but well worth the price tag . The service was perfect, you didn't even feel the staff were there but when ever you needed someone they arrives without delay . it was difficult even put your fork through the dishes as the presentation was more like art that food . An unforgettable experience

• Visited February 2012