“Go for the live piano music and for the wine”
Review of Fischers Fritz

Fischers Fritz
Ranked #294 of 8,861 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: As a Michelin 2-star gourmet restaurant, Fischers Fritz is a unique venue in Berlin. On the culinary front, Fischers Fritz offers a distinctive and modern approach to French cuisine with its selection of exquisite fish and seafood delicacies. Simple yet perfect creations and the high quality of fresh ingredients have made this gourmet restaurant at the Regent Berlin a place of pilgrimage for people who enjoy fine food. The elegant surroundings of the restaurant mean that your unique experience of this superb food will be all the more intense.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I did not enjoyed anything at Fishers Fritz except the wonderful piano music played live for you and the great German red wine the sommelier made me discovered. The food is very conventional, overpriced and not tasty. For example, the foie gras is served as a strip. It is bulky and not really worth what Michelin restaurants are up for. And all dishes are like this. They do not surprise you. They do not excite you. They are ultra conventional. Even the service and the staff are. I would expect more emotion in the food and the service. And this lack of feelings is what disappointed me most. But I really enjoyed the pianist. A real virtuoso who played with all her heart. So if you love music, run there, if you like great food, pass your way.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Had a good lunch at Fischers Fritz. A little too formal for lunch on a Monday, didn't need the 2-Michelin treatment. Eel was a little disappointing but belly very nice. A little overrated perhaps.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had a lunch at Fischers Fritz.

The service was correct and formal. It became "friendlier" after we ordered a bottle of wine.
I think its price (135 Euro) made the difference.

Each of us chose 3 courses from the menu (47 Euro per person)
We ate a tartar of smoked eel and Emincé of veal for the first course. For the second we had "Duroc" pork belly and Dôme of cabbage with sole prawn. For a dessert we had Mousse au chocolat and Apple Schlupfer. The best dishes were the Emincé of veal and the Dôme of cabbage with sole prawn. I was disappointed from the desserts.

The presentation was nice and the quality of the ingredients was superb but something was missing. It wasn't bad but I felt a lack of passion. Maybe I shouldn't have expected much from a lunch but I believe they can do better.
To me it was a show of people and place rather than a show of food.

1  Thank dg1204
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I treated myself to the three course lunch menu. It was excellent value and blended old world and new world ingredients. My appetizer of Aspic of king oyster mushroom and beans with radish-creme fraiche was perfectly executed, just a touch of sesame oil finishing off the palette. The Icelandic char left just a little too much cooking oil & butter flavor behind, but I nearly asked for a second portion of the Apple Schlupfer as it was so divine.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Situated in the Regent Hotel, this beautiful two Michelin star restaurant is well worth a visit - especially at lunch time when the menu is considerably less pricey. Foodies, like A and I, will appreciate the time and dedication obvious in the beautiful delicious food. We finished all the bread, it was too good. The courses are small so don't be too hungry. We made a mistake and had two Camparis as an aperatif - we could have bought at least 3 bottles for the same price! With a glass of wine, lovely surroundings, excellent food and wonderful service, if you love good food, spoil yourself.