“Outstanding Food”

Cuisines: German, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Business meal for two, one steak and one pork. Both meals were 9/10. Steak was beautifully cooked and the sauce and cabbage accompanying the pork was delicious.

Will return next time I’m in Berlin.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Staying in a nearby Airbnb we wanted somewhere close due to my tired legs and chose this because of the reviews. The staff were very friendly, efficient and spoke English. The menu was good for both meat eaters and vegetarians. I had chickpea rissoles with mushrooms which was very tasty but could have done with a sauce or a side of vegetables. My husband had steak which he said was perfectly cooked and thoroughly enjoyed it. We both finished off with strudel and ice cream which was devine. There was a good choice of wine at reasonable to expensive prices. We chose a merlot which was very nice. The decor was pleasant and outside seating area attractive.

Reviewed September 16, 2017

My German friends recommended this restaurant as it is in their neighborhood and a reliable choice for me to try German cuisine. Two of us had the beef strip (steak) which was simple and tasty. But the other friend who ordered the duck got something more special -- it looked heavenly. Our wine was fine and we shared a fruit tart that was terrific and not too rich. Unfortunately it was too cold to eat outside.

1  Thank NYCJT
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Lovely comfortable restaurant. Service was excellent, food was very good, I'd recommend this restaurant for a relaxing evening with friends away from the maddening crowd of alexander platz

1  Thank barmin2016
Reviewed July 14, 2017

This is a neighbourhood restaurant in a beautiful area of old East Berlin. There is outdoor seating which is great in the summer.
The location, decor and atmosphere are excellent.
The food is of good quality.
The problem we had when we dined here was our waitress who spoke no English and seemed annoyed that we could not speak German. She was so over the top that initially we thought she was joking but she was not. We spoke 4 European languages between us and the menu was in German and English but that was not enough. Not surprisingly she got our order wrong both for the drinks and food. I must say I have not been to a restaurant with a waitress as rude as this for a long time.