“I didn't know Flammkuche could taste so good”
Review of Oderquelle

Oderquelle
Ranked #231 of 9,467 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in a hurry so I just ordered the Flammkuchen which was just an appetizer, but was also something the Lonely Planet recommended. I was so surprised that it actually tasted so good! I have new respect for Flammekuchen after eating one at this place.

Plus, the size of the Flammkuchen was pretty big! It was the size of one medium pizza, surprising considering it is just the "appetizer". Definitely meant for 2 people (or one very fat man) in my opinion.

Service was friendly and helpful. Plus this Oderquelle is so close to the flea market at the Mauer Park! A perfect place to have a meal after shopping at the Flohmarkt.

We only had the Flammkuchen, which is IMO I feel a good enough reason to visit this nice restaurant.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Not expensive and wine list was brief with inexpensive choices but the food and its presentation lacked care and flavour. If in the area, choose Les Valseuses instead.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Wonderful restaurant for new German cuisine. I was not expecting the quality here, and was very much impressed. It is not inexpensive, but well worth the money.

2  Thank veffekt
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Oderquelle was recommended by my hotel as a good place to try some classic German food. We sat outside and the service was great. The food too was tasty. It seemed a little overpriced but it was worth it.

2  Thank sundinkc
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Been there with my spouse and kids. It was overpriced for what we got and the flavors quite blend. I returned one of the dishes, and my wife got a flavorless risotto. So - if you happen to stumble there, it is OK, but I would not go our of my way for this place.