“Great German Food”

Cuisines: German, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Oderquelle was recommended by my hotel as a good place to try some classic German food. We sat outside and the service was great. The food too was tasty. It seemed a little overpriced but it was worth it.

2  Thank sundinkc

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Been there with my spouse and kids. It was overpriced for what we got and the flavors quite blend. I returned one of the dishes, and my wife got a flavorless risotto. So - if you happen to stumble there, it is OK, but I would not go our of my way for this place.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We visited this place on the Sunday we were in Berlin. It was the first time we had visited the area and was very glad we did. This restaurant is on a street with lots of other bars and restaurants and at the bottom of the road is a huge flea market held every Sunday.

We sat outside on the terrace for a couple of drinks before having lunch. Great place to people watch as everyone heads down to the flea market.

I was pleased to see an aperol spritz offered as an aperitif at 5 euros. This came in a huge glass and tasted divine.

There was a good selection of beer and wine and the menu short, but delicious.

I had the chicken on braised turnip with aromatic rice. The chicken was the moistest chicken I have had in ages and it made a change to have braised turnip.

My husband had the flammekuche and was not disappointed.

My main was around 12 - 13 euros and for the quality and taste well worth it.

Staff were friendly and efficient.

Would definitely recommend and definitely return!

2  Thank Shiraz64
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I found this restaurant from Lonely Planet website and I was lucky to get a reservation just 4 hrs before my dining time on the same day since it is a popular restaurant among local Berliners and expats. The restaurant is situated at a very hip area with lots of restaurants and cafes (all with different themes) to choose from. This area is mostly frequented by locals and expats. Not much tourists here :) It is just 1 street away from Mauerpark which is famous for the flea market on every Sunday. The food served is casual but nicely crafted german meal with reasonable price. The service was great. The waiter and waitress are friendly and even helped us to call a taxi to go back to the hotel after dinner. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Pooh Ling E
Reviewed March 16, 2012

The food is great! I enjoyed the beef very much with the traditional german past. The sauce was delicious as well and the portion of the food was enough. KInd of pricy though since you pay 15-16 euro per main dish but I wouldn't mind to eat there once more. Next time in Berlin for sure I'll be ther!
From starters we chose the one with the aubergine spread and others herbs that are spread on slices of bread. It was very good as well; especially the aubergine.

Note: If you don't book, don't go after 19:30.

3  Thank Mixalios