“Great sushi, fair price”
Review of Ishin Tey

Ishin Tey
Ranked #1,503 of 8,938 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was in Ishin near Friedrichstrasse twice already and I knew what to expect. The place itself is not very pretty or cosy, it is more the fast food style - big open space, loud. But the sushi is very good, fresh and they have a wide range of fish to choose from. We had a miso soup and some dessert, they were quite good too. I recommend it for a quick stop for good sushi.

1  Thank Tereza M

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was terrible experience particularly if you expect proper quality Japanese food,if you expect McDonalds standards then average...deco is very plain diner type. Edamame was way overcooked almost mash, tofu was horrific tasted like plastic with hint of seafood broth, yakitori little in common with real yakitori and the chicken used was pink mush, miso soup was directly from supermarket packages...I think you get the picture. they only accept cash, no cards and they tried the oldest trick on us not giving back all the change. This Ishin restaurant was in Mittelstrasse. Not recommended if you expect decent meal and wasn't even that inexpensive....

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This review refers to the Ishin restaurant in Mittelstrasse.Its a short walk from Brandenburger Tor and "Unter den Linden" avenue..I dont remember ever eating great japanese food at such reasonable prices..the fish is so fresh and they have free tea and coffe and even moderate selection of Japanese desserts (non often found in Japanese restaurants in Germany)..
On the downside : the decor is crappy..it can get loud..this is a more of a type of place to have fast lunch or dinner ..still- five stars from me for the price/value ratio.

1  Thank Reggy_71
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had lunch here after a museum visit in the area. We chose the restaurant randomly. Well, it was a great choice. The place had just opened, and we were served promptly and helpfully. I had a huge lunch just for the sake of trying different things, as good Japanese food is hard or impossible to get where I live. My soy-braised mackerel was one of the best fish dishes I've ever had, the fried mackerel good but nowhere as good. The squid tempura was fluffy and tender, and the seaweed salad complemented the mains nicely. The miso soup was good. The others has sushi and were satisfied.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The sushi is fresh, the dons are good and affordable and the Cey-Ros really worth the try. I can strongly recommend Ishin for a good value tasty meal in Berlin. If you want to have a romantic dinner, do not go there.