“If you like italian style pizza its a nice place”
Review of Il Ritrovo

Il Ritrovo
Ranked #745 of 8,708 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Friedrichshain
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Nice place with bohem orientation. For italian style pizza only.. Thin crust, little topping.. Personally i thank italians for invented pizza but the rest of the world do it better now.. General score 3,5 . for 3 pizzas and 3 drinks 44?

1  Thank George K

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Good food, Atrocious service.

The Lady and I had eaten there a few times, the pizza is good and the service average. On this occasion, however it was terrible. We waited at the door for fifteen minutes catching the eye of waiters and waitresses, and they just ignored us. I asked to be seated and we were given a table. No menus arrived, in the meantime, three other tables were seated and given menus and orders taken. I had to go and ask for a menu at the service hatch, and was told it was coming. 5 minutes later I went again to ask for a menu, the waiter went off to get one, evidently expecting me to follow, but I went and sat down again. The waiter shouted at me, walked to the table and threw the mus at it from couple of meters away. We stood up, thanked him for his friendly service and left. We have not been back since.

There are other places in Berlin which do equally as good, and better, pizza and have impeccable service. Pizza Lubau in Friedrichshain is one top choice and Papa Panne in mitte is another. I would heartily reccomend these two over Il Ritrovo-Cucina Casalinga Popolare.

2  Thank whateverinberlin
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The best pizzas we had in Berlin. The pasta is also good! Our favorite is the pizza Picantissima! But watch out, the restaurant is always full, if you´re in a group of more than 4 people, you might not have a table right away! But we recommend, and everybody that likes a good pizza and is in Berlin should try it!

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We had a great time here. Excellent pizza, not to expensive. Tiramisu not to bad either!! .......................................

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Specific, but welcoming atmosphere and extremly good truly Italian pizza, nothing else to add!