“Awesome food”

Amrit
Ranked #128 of 9,008 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: Our surly most famous AMRIT restaurant can be found in the Oranienburger Straße 45 in 10117 Berlin, directly across the street from the Tacheles Kunsthaus, 2 minutes walking from the Jewish synagogue, the Bodemuseum (museum island), close to the Alexanderplatz and other sights of Berlin such as the Brandenburger Tor or the holocaust memorial. With more that 400 seats on our outdoor area, we will bring you experience gastronomy, that will delight you. We'll take you on a short trip to India with our lunch deals starting at EUR 5,50 or our cocktails from EUR 4,90 each - a culinary all-round package. Surprise yourself and visit us in the Oranienburger Straße. Our friendly service team is happy to welcome you on 365 days a year and we're easily reachable with public transportation. In close proximity to the Alexanderplatz, the museum island and the Potsdamer Platz, invites you to just keep your car in the parking lot and to discover the heart of Berlin by walking. See you soon in Mitte! train station: Oranienburger Tor
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I went there for dinner with my husband. Ambience was so good and staff was also very friendly. Taste and quality of food was great. They served complimentary salad and rice. Bill was very low than what we expected. We really enjoyed our meal there.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We ate here on our first night in Berlin after giving up finding some German grub. The restaurant is huge but so so busy.... it was absolutely packed when we ate about 9pm.

The food was from a fairly limited selection of standard Indian dishes. No specials, no sides, no breads, no choice of rice!

However that said what was served was really nice and I know my curries. I had the Butter chicken and the wife went for a Sabzi. Both were really nice, served with a choice of Pilau rice or Pilau rice !!!! Lots of meat in both meals, great flavours and plenty of rice to go round.

So the good points of Amrits - Good food, Cheap, Decent Beer

Not so good points - Loud, hectic and brash and no great choice of dishes.

Not the place for a romantic evening, but a decent curry never the less.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Certainly one of the best Indian restaurants I have ever been too, good quality food and fantastic service, I have only ever once had a problem with food being cold but that was at the other Amrit in Potsdamer Platz.

Will continue to visit here more often!

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife just walked around and spontaneously decided to get some food . We were sitting outside and took the offer from daily menu. We waited a bit longer than expected but than we were very positively surprised. Both meals were very tasty and really big. We enjoyed it. Service was very polite. Another surprise came when we asked for the bill. With 2 beers I expected to pay at least 35 € but was 8 € less. Not so bad for such central location of the restaurant.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Recently I went for dinner with family. The ambience was good but more of Oriental style not indian. Staff was friendly but not attentive like we had to wait for long time for some one to come to take our order. Food was cold and tasteless no tandoori roti ,very oily, sweet, and creamy, I ordered a veg soup and it had chicken pieces.Overall it was our very bad experience. I would never ever recommend to anyone.