“Always a pleasure to have tapas at Atame”
Review of ATAME Tapasbar

ATAME Tapasbar
Ranked #346 of 8,994 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am lucky to have this tapas-bar just around the corner. It is always a pleasure to go to Atame. Tasteful Spanish decorations with colored ceramics and the posters of Almodóvar movies. The staff here is not just friendly but also very funny and they can just make your evening!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went at the end of July 2013. We ordered one “Pulpo a Feira” and one “Montaditos con txi” and various drinks. The taste was acceptable, but the portion sizes were so small and the plate so poor in decoration and sides that I had to protest with the responsible. She said that they could do nothing because of their Dutch boss. No way to have plan water. We had to go to another place then.

2  Thank Leo M
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Went to Atame for my wife's birthday. Since this place came highly recommended by Tripadvisor, we thought "The worst it could be is that this place will be average". Oh boy were we wrong. Ordered the following: Alioli, papas bravas, chorizo Iberico, queso de cabra, gambas al ajillo, pulpo a feira, croquetas de verduras, another potato dish which I forgot the name.

The good: papas bravas and another potatoes dish were good. Not because the cooking was good, because German potatoes are good. It's almost a default. Had this been cooked with any other potatoes, I'd probably call it less than average.

The bad: chorizo and queso were average. Nothing to write home about.

The ugly: Shrimp and octopus were terrible. Not fresh. As if they bought them in a German supermarket bad. Terrible. And they charge an arm and leg for them. Croquetas were hot on the outside, not cooked in the inside.

It's either German people don't know what good food tastes like or that we went to another Atame that was not the one recommended here. Service was fast. Way too expensive for what it is as we paid about 55 EUR with the dish 2 small beers and a mojito.

Just for people who read this: Don't expect any miracles when it comes to culinary experience here in Berlin. And don't eat tapas here. Save your money and go buy yourself a kebab, which isn't that good either in Berlin. :)

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We popped into Atame on our first evening in Berlin a bit footsore and hungry. My fledgling German didn't get an outing as our charming waitress confessed she had 'kleine Deutch' - same as me, so we ordered in Spanish.

The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere with a long bar and tables along the side and the back, and was buzzing with people on the Thursday evening we visited. But obviously the important part is the food...

Sensibly priced, with a specials board on top of the regular tapas menu, we pigged out slightly and very much enjoyed our albondigas, tender chicken pinchos, papas bravas with aioli and fried chorizo, washed down with some local Berliner lager. Just the thing to restore you after a long day's travel. Everything arrived briskly, and I wish I'd had room for some crema catalana - but I didn't, I'll leave another reviewer to let you know what that's like! For quick and delicious, we found this place very much on the money.

1  Thank Kelsarama
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were for the second time and had good food again. Cosy atmosphere, frienfly staff. We met local people and they also recommnd the place.