“Nice atmosphere, interesting winelist, OK food”
Review of ATAME Tapasbar

ATAME Tapasbar
Ranked #279 of 8,796 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Had dinner with my wife. The food was OK but not great. The squid was very disappointing. Desserts (crema catalana and flan) was good. The atmosphere is nice and the waiters friendly although not very professional. We had some communication problems. The wine list is very interesting (at least for me) with many not-before-seen wines. I found the place a bit expensive.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Berlin-Mitte, around the Hackescher Markt, on a Wednesday evening: one of the toughest places to find seats for a party of 7 in a restaurant. After walking around for a while, we ended up going to Atame and this proved to be another bull's eye. After an opening drink at the bar (excellent cava for me), we were seated and ordered a large selection of tapas. Everything was fresh and very well prepared. I remember particularly the baked manchego cheese, the grilled gamba's, the pork medaillons with bacon and the mussels in wine and garlic sauce. Most of us couldn't resist dessert and I went for the traditional flan (almost brought tears to my eyes!). The wine selection is excellent at very attractive prices. The wine of the month (19€) was a palatable red from Toro, the wine list has an interesting selection of wines from the main Spanish wine regions. Worth to discover. Atmosphere was convivial, service OK. The bill was just below 40€ per head. Good value for money.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is the best tapas I've ever had. Food was fresh, tasteful and looked great. The staff was helpful when we tried to put together a menu. Lovely vibe in the resturant. Reccomend getting here early or book a table because it can get full.

Good value for money!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The atmospher is fantastic, the colored decoration gives a touch of mediterannean sun and the tapas are succulent. All the food is fresh and mostly bio which gives a real garantee of savour and quality! The people working there are all friendly and helpfull . The interesting thing is that you can drink there very very good wine : the choice is uncommon for such tapas restaurant and the red wine that we took was simply a delight. I recommand 100%

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in Berlin for 2 nites and were just walking the streets keeping our eye out for some place nice to eat, well what a find?! It was a Thursday nite around 6ish, the place was packed yet we were offered a seat at the bar with some yummy drinks and olives until a table came up, 10 mins wait approximately.. The service, variety of food and wine plus the price was unreal?! We totally recommend this place, it was sooo good and we'll definitely be calling back in when we come back to Berlin!