“Great flammkuchen”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed January 25, 2012

StaV is best in the summer when you can sit at the table by the Sprey and watch the boats go by. In the winter months when you need to sit inside it can be crowded and noisy somewhat like a beerhall. It does without doubt serve the best flammkuchen we have had in Berlin and it is well worth a visit for lunch or a very casual dinner to taste it. They also serve the traditional beer from Cologne, Kolsch. You can of coursse just go for drinks, they stay open relatively late but not into the small hours of the morning.

1  Thank CLMLondonBerlin

Reviewed October 18, 2010

Nice place on the Spree Boarder - Place to go for having a Beer (Kölsch) and a small dish. Perfect for a short stay with friends. This place is also a part of German History - when Bonn was the Capital of Germany. Nice pictures and historical Statements all over the walls of the Restaurant are showing this time period.

Reviewed June 2, 2010

I picked this since it was German, near the Melia where I stayed, and written up in Frommers.
I was solo and ate outside with no problems. I had the Himmel und Ärd, which is blood pudding, applesauce and mash. Really delicious. I had no space for the Flammenkuchen, which I also love, but I did try their currywurst specialty for "dessert". This was my third and final try for currywurst. I like curry and I like wurst, and I like snack food, but currywurst is definitively bad. Try something else!
I had some dark wheat beer that was very nice.
The tiny bill surprised me, about 20 euro.
If you are without a companion, you can read their history and maxims of German Buddhism.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Pork shank & beer. A piece of Bavaria transplanted in Berlin.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 13, 2008

Excellent location for a good meal and a glass or two of German beer, lying on the banks of the River Spree. Expect a little "beer hall"-type singing from some of the regulars.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook