“Best schnitzel i had in years”

Ottenthal Restaurant & Weinhandlung
Ranked #45 of 8,796 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Austrian, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Description: Arthur Schneller, the proprietor, combines both the traditional and contemporary cuisine of Austria with a mixture of simplicity and finesse. Amongst our specialities one can also find a variety of vegetarian dishes that have the Austrian nuance of sweet and picant. We cook, braise and bake all dishes recent with preferably local and/or organic products!
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was a bit busy and hectic, but the staff copes with it very well. The schnitzel itself was very tender and tasty.

1  Thank jhamers

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked this restaurant after reading a bloggers review of it and would say I was not disappointed. It's definitely for a special night our or a night at the theater. The inside of the restaurant has a nice elegant fell and friendly service. I had read its one of the best Schnitzels in the city and it was special. I loved it. My partner had the Zwiebelrostbraten which our 2 dishes seemed to be the 2 most popular and both fabulous. Dinner and drinks will run about 35 Euro each and up with a dinner plate around 20 Euro. We went on Valentines Day and for us it was a wonderful night out. We also had some wonderful desserts too. I recommend for a special night our, entertaining out of towners and want a bit of atmosphere/class.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

another recommendation from our Hotel and it turned out to be spot on. Lively and buzzing with people, great food and great service.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My uber-foodie friend was right! Recently went on a schnitzel tour in Berlin (Jolesch, an old fave; Lutte und Wegner; Fritz Austria on Bergmanstr.) and Ottenthal was the best, hands-down. Although Fritz Austria serves a mean cucumber salad with theirs, along with potato side. The quality of the meat is beyond compare. Reservations a must. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This restaurant is one of three in a short stretch of Kantstrasse just around the corner from Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West. I will write a review of Wiener Beisl adjacent; on this visit we didn't try the third place (Paris Bar) partly because of the recent adverse reviews on Tripadvisor but I did notice that it was always fairly full in the evenings- so perhaps on our next visit to Berlin? Ottenthal is a comfortable and pleasant restaurant that serves Austrian cuisine. We settled on the three course set menu which included a pumpkin soup, Wiener schnitzel (with the inevitable potato salad) followed by apple strudel. Everything was carfully prepared and I would go as far as to say that the potato salad (of which I am not overly fond) was one of the best I have had over the years. We took the suggested (Austrian) Riesling wine which was OK rather than memorable. Service throughout was pleasant and tried hard to please. I would dine again at this restaurant when we are next in this area.