“Wonderful food and service”
Review of Marjellchen

Marjellchen
Ranked #24 of 8,388 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Hong Kong, China
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We went to this place having read the reviews on Tripadvisor and we weren't dissapointed.

Food was superb. East Prussian cruisine with good variety and some of those German staples there too.

We had Russian potato soup and chanterelle soup to start and pork schnitzel as main courses. All superb and well accompanied by the suggested Austrian red wine.

Our hosts were friendly and attentive.

Wonderful. Must try.

• Turkish first
Sydney, Nsw
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The whole experience was wonderful. The food was great with our group trying hare, duck, pork knuckle and lamb and each giving it the highest rating. And there was no problem with looking after our youngest member (<2yo). We would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Berlin. They say the manager is a character, well i don't know about that. She was just very welcoming and the service was excellent.

Visited September 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“If your face doesn't fit”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Walked for a fair distance for this place due to trip advisor reviews, turned up and the man had many tables free, he asked if we had a reservation which we explained we hadn't but as it was Monday night we felt would be fine he had at least 6 tables free but stated no tables!!! I think it's a case of face fits and nationality very disappointed!!!!

mashpee
“I can't believe it could be this good”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The reviews said it was good. I expected good. I can't ever remember eating potatoes before and saying yum. They were wonderful. The fried smoiked eel in cream sauce was the best smoked eel I've ever eaten, The salad, with a fabulous dressing, was eaten to trhe last shred. My daughter had roast duck, sweet-sour red cabbage and dumplings. The duck was as good as any I've ever eaten and I've had a lot of roast duck in many different cuisines.The red cabbage ( rotkohl ) was better than any I've ever had and the dumplings ( knoedel. ) were also as good as any I've ever had and we have eaten a lot of very good dumplings. The ambiance was warm and comfortable, service cheerful and efficient and I can't think of a single detraction except maybe the WC window was open a bit too much

1 Thank Robert P
Richland, WA
“Tasty food, good service, and peaceful atmosphere”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had reservations for dinner at Marjellchen Restaurant not far from our hotel. Our table was outside on the sidewalk on a very quiet, peaceful, and somewhat dark street. The food was advertised as “old German” and I had a goulash of stag and boar pieces in a thick, flavorful gravy with some greens and a couple of potato dumplings. My wife had a very large roast duck with red cabbage (with a cold pickled taste) and cranberry sauce. The owners, man and wife, provided excellent service and we loved the atmosphere.

For dessert we shared “Grandmother’s Pancake” with cream cheese, a few pieces of strawberries, and whipping cream. Our judgment was that the pancake was hard and overall the dessert mediocre but the rest of the food very good. We would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013